Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2006 7:12:46 PM EDT
I recently picked up an AR6450. This thing is awesome!

At the time, I thought about getting a RRA because I prefer the flat top, but decided I couldn't be making a bad choice by going with the Colt, based on reputation, and the price I paid.

Being new to Colt, and the A1 style raises a few questions.

I'm thinking about going with an Aimpoint, or Eotech possibly at some point. I'm not real crazy about mounting an optic on top of the carry handle, so I guess I have to look at a forward mount off the front of the carry handle, prefferably one that co-witnesses.

Is there a forward carry handle mount you guys recommend?

Does anyone make a mount that attaches to the carry handle, and also locks onto the handguard rails?

Speaking of handguards, I know the Colt has a unique handguard cap, which brings me to my next question. I'm thinking about getting the MI railed hanguards (do not want to free float). I notice that you have to order for Colt models specifically.

Is it that way for ALL the hanguards out there?

For instance if I ordered a set of M4 (R4?)hanguards from RRA, would they fit my Colt?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Only item that I know that is close to what your asking is a SIR.

it will fit a Colt w/ no problems.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
The SIR is one, but there are many actually

To be clear, you have the Colt 9mm 6450, right?  Like this one?

If so, I'd suggest either a mini-ACOG, or the mount on and forward of the A1 handle

Mini-ACOG s can be seen at Trijicon, or on many guns in the AR picture threads

The mounts can be found @ mounts plus  among many places.

ARMS is one of the leaders, but perhaps others can chime in about some of the newer companies with more attention to quality and functionality than past companies
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
a.r.m.s. and pri offers a gooseneck mount/rail that would work for what you plan on doing

i prefer the compact acog on the carry handle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm thinking about going with an Aimpoint, or Eotech possibly at some point. I'm not real crazy about mounting an optic on top of the carry handle, so I guess I have to look at a forward mount off the front of the carry handle, prefferably one that co-witnesses.

Is there a forward carry handle mount you guys recommend?

Does anyone make a mount that attaches to the carry handle, and also locks onto the handguard rails?

I'm thinking about getting the MI railed hanguards (do not want to free float).

You want a gooseneck mount that will attach to the rail that you don't want to free float?  

I think you are going to spend extra money to rig up something that doesn't work very well at that route.  You may find your money and time better spent by reading threads, and getting an idea what others are using, and why.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top