Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:51:04 AM EDT
If you have any pics of your projects finished with OD green (green flat) Norrell's I'd like to see them.  I have a few projects that I'm considering making green.  Specifically my Sig 220 frame and a new AR build.  Thanks for the help!  MJD
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess we can start with AR15s.  This picture is one that was taken in early sunlight (out of the direct light).

Everything that is green in this pic started out life as black.  There are texture variations in some of the material, which gives it a slightly different look, but in person its hard to see the difference unless you are looking for it.

Here is the same weapon finished with an Eotech, and out in the natural environment of the Pacific NorthWest.  This picture was taken mid-day, and with cloud cover.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as you are mentioning pistols, let me throw in some 1911 action.  I've written up a thread on refinishing AR15, as well as one on refinishing 1911s.  One thing that I don't mention in either thread is that the OD Green has a slightly different look depending on what sort of light you are in.  Direct sunlight looks a little different than indoors, which looks different than late afternoon etc etc..

Here is the before picture, just so we all have a fair idea of what I was working with (typical used parkerized Springfield).

Here is the after, this picture was taken with low lighting, and due to that it makes it look a little more grayish green.  Still, it gives a decent idea of how it turned out, plus I just love the picture....

Here is a picture that was taken with more natural and a little more even lighting.  I think the greenish color comes out a little better in the picture,and it is probably a lot more realistic as to how it looks in person.  I think the wooden grips are much nicer looking, but to each their own, and this wasn't my weapon.  In hindsight, I should have done the grip screws OD Green.  Live and learn I guess.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Stickman,

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Now I have to go order some OD green Norrell's.    MJD
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget that there are no reasons to limit yourself....

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#5]

OD Norrels Goodness.

Norrels is easy to put on, I am a nit wit and I did it no problem!

- Gazukull
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
img127.exs.cx/img127/7105/greenmachinem4andotherpics2057.jpg
img127.exs.cx/img127/4779/greenmachinem4andotherpics2080.jpg
img127.exs.cx/img127/2756/greenmachinem4andotherpics2199.jpg

OD Norrels Goodness.

Norrels is easy to put on, I am a nit wit and I did it no problem!

- Gazukull

I know, anybody can do a good job with Norrell's if they take their time, or maybe even if they don't.  I've used it before and everything came out fine.  You've got a nice lookin' AR there.  Hopefully my next will come out similarly.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Stickman - since you missed doing the screws green, you should order some black Torx screws from Brownells.  They'll look great and you won't ever have to look at "boogered up" slotted screws ever again.

I put some on a Commander project I did and they really add a nice detail to the overall look.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top