Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2008 2:45:45 PM EDT

Hey all,

Thanks for helping me in the past. I want to replace my DPMS standard lower parts kit trigger with a better one. I want lighter trigger pull, better accuracy, and still be a self defense first and foremost trigger. Can ya give me some options?

Brent
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 3:01:04 PM EDT
How much do you want to spend on this conversion?

Do you want single stage? or 2 stage?  

Answers to these questions will point you in the proper direction.

More info will follow;>)
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 7:43:06 PM EDT

Thanks for replying. I'm in the market for a single stage (not sure exactly what a two stage like RRA does)  I'm guessing two stage has a lot of take up up to a hard point. Then that hard point breaks clean.

I'm hoping $150 or so.

Brent
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 8:55:45 PM EDT
McCormick makes a nice drop in single stage available in curved or flat trigger, right around 3.5lbs, mine breaks pretty clean, at least as clean as my bolt action guns.  Got mine for $180
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 9:03:10 PM EDT
you can send your stock trigger, hammer, and disconnector to Bill Springfield and he'll do an excellent trigger job for you.

Costs 30 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 12:54:00 AM EDT
I have two ARs that I put Jewell Triggers in. I got the triggers (or 'fire control group') on sale a couple years ago for about $180. The Jewell Triggers are fully adjustable for pull from about 0.5 lbs to 3 or 4 lbs.
I have the 16 inch RRA A4 set at about 3 lbs, and the 24 inch DPMS/Superior Arms is set at 1.5 lbs.

SWEEEEEET!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:29:53 AM EDT
For a single stage, in my experience Timneys are the nicest, but for the money, and in your price range, a non-adjustable Jard single stage will serve you well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:34:25 AM EDT
imo, if its a duty/serious use rifle, i'd stick to the std, stock single stage and deal with it....

that said, i'd look to a Timney or a RRA 2 stage
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:40:17 PM EDT

We just replaced our Colt Hbar 2 match trigger thats used for comp shooting too
the adjustable Jard, and I can say it  works really great ! ,..... Price wise they run at $135. from "BROWNELLS" 2007-2008 catalog in a 2 / 3 lb or 4.5 lb trigger weights, They are really hard to beat for the money for such a clean /crisp trigger set...

The  pre set Jard would be the simplest and they work great like was said before hand.

Both are the same price.

Tech line number is (800)741-0015 if you have any ? about what's best for you.

yls
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:46:07 PM EDT

Quoted:
you can send your stock trigger, hammer, and disconnector to Bill Springfield and he'll do an excellent trigger job for you.

Costs 30 bucks.

I concur.

Just send your parts to Bill Springfield, in CO.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:47:45 PM EDT

Quoted:

Costs 30 bucks.

+1, less than a week turnaround.  I opted for the #3 trigger, I think it was $46.  Well worth the money!!
Top Top