Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 11:42:38 AM EST
I currently have an A4 flat top with no rear sights. I was going to go with an Aimpoint with a ARMS ring and cantilever but after pricing everything out it came out to just over $500 and I still need a BUIS. Should I just go with the Leopold and call it a day? I can get the mark 4 for $650. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:45:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:30:30 PM EST
I need an all in one optic that will be capable of sooting close to mid range. What do you think about the factory mount? Is it acceptible?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:35:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:36:27 PM EST
Anyone have any negative coments about these things. I've looked at all the most popular sights. The only other one I am even considering is the aimpoint. I dont know if I'll like it though. When I looked through the Leopold I said "thats it" then saw the price an wavered a little.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:31:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By Kingcobra:
Anyone have any negative coments about these things. I've looked at all the most popular sights. The only other one I am even considering is the aimpoint. I dont know if I'll like it though. When I looked through the Leopold I said "thats it" then saw the price an wavered a little.

I think that's the major downfall of the optic. It's very pricey.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:26:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By Vinnie:

I think that's the major downfall of the optic. It's very pricey.

Yeah, that and it's a tad on the heavy side, but other than those factors I think it's a darn fine optic. I don't have one yet, but I've used one on three occasions and liked it a lot every time.

There's a rumor (BIG stress on rumor) that Leupold has a second generation in the works.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:55:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2004 1:07:05 AM EST by Jeeper21]
Alot of people dont seem to like them. I'm surprised ARFCOM has some positive feedback on these scopes.

Another option, if you are looking for a 1-4x scope, is the IOR 1.1-4x Tactical. It cost about the same, but I think its a bit lighter. I dont know anything about the battery life though.

I think thats a Bushmaster. You can tell by the charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:11:16 AM EST
They're nice scopes. A little on the heavy side but not to excessive. I'm selling mine LNIB for $635 on the EE
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:08:54 AM EST
a fixed power contender would be the new IOR 3x that has a post about a page back i think on here... I'll be getting one monday probibly so I'll post what I think about them...

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:07:56 AM EST
I have heard the IOR scopes lit reticle wont work during the daytime so no daytime BAC nor Aimpoint dot brightness during the day with that set up.
Top Top