Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2003 5:35:23 AM EDT
Would like to here from anyone that has experience with this Bosnian ammo.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Igman_Ammunition.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It is the same as the HotShot green tipped SS109.

It is good ammo.

It runs full USGI M855 velocity spec.

It has the NATO SS109 bullet.

The brass has an undersized flash hole that makes it difficult to reload; it has broken many decapping pins so far.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason I am asking... I placed an order with Aim Surplus for 2 cases of S&B 55 grain.  2000 rounds shipped for $315.  They call back a couple days later and said that the S&B is on back order and that they would send the Igman ss109 for no extra charge.  Sellier & Bellot has always been a good thing for me.  Should I go for the Igman ammo or wait for the S&B???  
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Bryan and the boys at AIM are a great bunch.  You are getting better ammunition at a killer good price; spec 855 for 193 cost.

It's even better than an upgrade from 193 to 855 (109) since the S&B is NOT real M193, it has a steel case so the bullet does not frag at all.  The Igman will frag better in soft targets, and penetrate better in hard targets; in other words it is better at everything except cost.
Not quite true; the S&B brass is great to reload, while the Igman is not;  If you do not reload, it's an absolute no-brainer, take it before they change their mind!

If you were buying to acquire brass, maybe.  Heck, you can buy a thousand once fired cases for a lot less than you are saving; BUY IT!!
Did I mention it's good ammo?
;)

Larry
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top