Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:37:20 PM EST
Mine broke tonight after shooting a few hundred SS109's. Here is a pic. My question is. I would like to know if there is a difference in Semi and Full Auto bolts. I know the carriers are different but would like to make sure I don't get the wrong one.

My broken bolt
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 1:49:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2008 1:50:07 PM EST by QUIB]
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:03:47 PM EST
Thats not good

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:23:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By Burmman:
Mine broke tonight after shooting a few hundred SS109's. Here is a pic. My question is. I would like to know if there is a difference in Semi and Full Auto bolts. I know the carriers are different but would like to make sure I don't get the wrong one.

My broken bolt

wow thats a bummer. what brand and where did it come from?

i do think semi and auto bolts are the same. Quib would know if different.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:25:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:39:26 PM EST
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure on what brand it was. I bought a old PWA and it was in it. So BravoCompany makes a good bolt? I guess I will be looking for the one that takes the best beating. Thanks again everyone.

Jess
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:31:35 PM EST
Breaking across the cam pin hole is pretty classic. I'm using a Fulton bolt that lasted for several thousand rounds.

www.fulton-armory.com/M6Parts3.htm#UpperParts

Get 2 as they do fail. BSW
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:43:29 PM EST
Top of the page:
www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_items.aspx?type=0&term=52

MPI tested, shot peened, all the good stuff.

I am not entirely sure if this is true but I believe Bravo Co. uses CMT MPI'ed bolts in their BCG's. I have both and the markings on both are identical. Both have an engraved CM marking and both have the same MP marking.
Top Top