Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 11:06:27 PM EST
I'm building my first AR-15 and I've got all my parts either at home or on their way except a good flashlight. I've decided on the "Sling & Light Combo Mount (SLiC)" from GG&G: http://www.gggaz.com/products/slic.php
but I'm having trouble finding a good reliable 1" diameter light with a pressure pad on/off switch. Does anyone have any suggestion?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:02:01 AM EST
One, off the shelf example:

SureFire 650-xx
where xx = length of cable of tape pressure switch in whole inches (for example 03, 05, 06 etc)

The 650 is a SureFire Classic Universal WeaponLight using the Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel. It's a two-SF123A 6-Volt model running the P60 Lamp Assembly. The "50" part indicates it is supplied without a mount.

I'm sure others will chime in with other options.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:57:58 PM EST
Thx for the help. Much appreciated
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:45:45 PM EST
I am currently using the SLiC mount as well and found that a Sufefire Classic system on a 1" scope ring works well. I have the light mounted all the way to the rear in the ring (ring closest to the bezel) and at the last notch on the SLiC mount. I can easily activate the tailcap switch, not pressure pad, with the middle finger of my left hand. Kinda does double duty! I pieced my light together from, E-bay, and various other sites for about $ 50 minus batteries and bulb which I got from BrightFlashlights on the EE. Anyone of the great dealers here should be able to set you up with something at a reasonable price. Good luck.
Top Top