Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 9:37:22 AM EDT
I have a buffer tube allignment problem.  Apparently I did not htread the buffer tube staright and the buffer tube has a slight upward angle when it is completely screwed in.  I remedied the situation by grinding of a small portion of the top of the rear of the bolt carrier with the dremil tool.  In anyones experience is this safe or should I just dump the lower receiver??/

any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:36:01 AM EDT
Hi

I suggest you send a pic so people can see how much you took off - they actually have wieght kits to add more wieght to the bolt, but thats my limit on knowledge of that.

I would think if it's minor and not on any of the guides it shouldn't hurt it too much.  You could be on the safe side, take to a very remote pit/range and use a locking gun vice, and fire it with a remote trigger device just to be sure...

Best bet is to post a pic and let some of the more experianced home builders judge it - l8r
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:07:36 AM EDT
So you stripped the threads on the lower and then ground away the top of the carrier... does it fire?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:13:06 AM EDT
Someone here a while ago did the same thing and said his ran fine.  IMO, you're on your own when you do stuff like this.  The end result is unknown and could be catastrophic.  Then again, it may run fine, but if it were my face being near that buffer tube with that carrier traveling through it, back and forth, at warp speed, I'd think twice about it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:53:28 AM EDT
Thanks guys.

I went to local range. fired it. no problems. 250 rounds +
still here. face is still as ugly as it was before so no damage done.
Top Top