Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2009 8:45:11 PM EDT
I've been watching this one on GB for just about a week now. No bids yet and the starting bid is $750. I've been out of AR's for a while but have recently decided to roll my own retro rifle. I really don't need another one but that price is almost too good to pass up. So I'm looking for your advice. Is this a good price for a armalite M15 a2 carbine? Or would I be better off putting the money I was going to spend on this rifle into more ammo? The shop is local so I wouldn't have to pay shipping and transfer, just the sales tax..which is about a wash. They have it priced at $1100. in the store. I'm not really looking to buy another one, but that price is tempting me.
Sully
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this the one? Not a bad price for used if it's in good shape.

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=139878131

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is this the one? Not a bad price for used if it's in good shape.
http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=139878131  

If that's it, then I say "go for it!". Middies rule
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I paid $680.00 for mine used. This one has a bayonet lug, flash supressor some and other  tactical feature mine doesn't have. The barrels and chambers are chrome lined. They have a special bolt to reduce wear. Patrick Sweeney in his Gun Digest book vol1 highly praised them. The bolt carrier, key and bolt are chrome plated as well. Accuarcy can be from 1.0 Moa to 2.5 Moa, closer to 1. The triggers are two stage national match. I read some police blog where about 50 LE's all gave it favorable reports on reliablity. They are not a custom rilfe but they are well made.
The gun stores around here are selling all M4's for about $900.00 .So it is a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I took the advice and went ahead and bought it. Great, another mouth to feed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Im on my second Armalite (M-15 SPR) and am a big Colt fan. I have a little over 3000 rnds through my SPR and have had 0 problems.

The BCG can be a little gritty when new but thats nothing 1000 rounds wont smooth up. ENJOY!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top