Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/15/2013 2:45:22 PM EDT
I have a friend at work who recently bought a colt one piece upper and noticed his barrel nut was loose. He is fairly new to to ARs and my combo AR wrench obviously wont fit. Where should I point him to get the appropriate wrench for his rifle? When he first described to me the issue I thought it was a setup like Mega's monolithic rail, with the tube style wrench, but the bottom portion of the rail comes off to access the nut. I feel like I have seen a small spanner style wrench that is for this purpose but I cannot find one in my brief chance to search at work today.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:31:31 PM EDT
Check with brownells they did have a wrench for it...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:06:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bwhited:
Check with brownells they did have a wrench for it...
that's the one! Thank you. Sucks that it is so expensive, but a quick search through the archives shows that this is not a new issue with the 6940.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:41:44 PM EDT
I imagine that Adco might be a little cheaper than buying the wrench.
Adco has the proper tools and experience to work on a 6940, and I would bet they could tighten your friends barrel but for a reasonable price.
Top Top