Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2005 5:00:11 PM EDT
I just purchased a Double Star 9mm AR and I'm not familiar with the 9mm family. Does anyone have a diagram (schematic) of the bolt/bolt carrier for assembly/disassembly?
What are the differences between a 9mm lower parts and a 5.56mm lower parts? I've had 5.56mm ARs for several years but this is my first venture into the pistol calibers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Double Star is making 9mm's now?   Interesting...... post a pic of what the bolt carrier looks like and how it's set up for mags..... then we can help you with tons of info for whatever style it is.... ie: OLY/COLT/other
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd imagine that double star's system would be a Colt setup.  

Here is a lot of info on the different 9mm setups.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=108261
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't do pics right now but the mags that came with it have an adapter built on that fits in the magwell and the bolt is nothing like I've ever seen before.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I can't do pics right now but the mags that came with it have an adapter built on that fits in the magwell and the bolt is nothing like I've ever seen before.

It's a Colt system. I just verified it in the Double Star catalog I have on hand. The catalog pic shows it with an Uzi mag.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Double star have a website by chance...I cant seem to find it.

CH
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

CH

DSC / J&T Distrubiting
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

DSC / J&T Distrubiting

I guess that is just one I missed. I didnt know that JT was double star.

Thanks
CH
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top