Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2011 7:21:18 PM EDT
I tried searching to no avail, and the guys over at UZI talk sent me back here for advice.

Does anyone know which (if any) uzi magazines can be readily identified as having been manufactured prior to sept 14th 1994?

I'm in NYS and still have to deal with the AWB. I have a line on some German magazines at a good price, but from everything I can find- Germany issued UZIs to tank crews past 1994, so unless there are some markings on the mags I can track down, I don't think the seller will ship to NYS.

Conversely, does anyone know a NYS supplier for mags at a reasonable price?
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
In most respects, there is no such thing as Pre-Ban / Post-Ban Uzi mags..

Use them, or somebody else will.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can find chinese mags imported with the Norinco 320's you should be GTG. They have a small 5 pointed star to identify them at the base of the mag, in the back. All things chinese were banned from import prior to the '94 AWB.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Try RTG Parts for  preban uzi magazines.

http://www.robertrtg.com/uzimags.html

"Original Israeli IMI production 32rd magazines produced for the German army. Conditions range from very good to like new. These are the best Uzi mags available. For those living in Ban-States; all of these mags are Pre-Ban being produced prior to 1994. Stock up while the prices are low."

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:59:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you can find chinese mags imported with the Norinco 320's you should be GTG. They have a small 5 pointed star to identify them at the base of the mag, in the back. All things chinese were banned from import prior to the '94 AWB.

Israel used a small, 5-pointed star to mark military contract purchase (IMI and imported) Uzi magazines.  Don't depend on that star to say anything about who made the magazine.

Check out Uzi Talk's Magazine Reference Page for details.  According to that page, Chinese mags will say "Made in China."  And I'm not 100% certain "all things Chinese" were banned in the import ban, either.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I stand corrected.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top