Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/10/2007 4:23:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2007 4:23:54 PM EST by packinheavy]
I ran out of elevation on the damn thing while trying to sight it in today. This was just a rough sight in on an indoor 25m pistol range.

The gun is a custom built dissipator clone with a Colt 1/7 HBAR shortened and fluted. I got he irons sighted in just fine. Ammo used was Wolf 55 grain hollow points.

I ran out of elevation adjustment on the scope and it is still shooting a foot or more low at 25m. The MR/T is in a Larue SPR mount. I bought the scope used without any instructions.

Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong or do I need to send it back to Leupold?

I didn't skimp on the optics or the mount and I still seem to be taking it in the shorts.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:48:31 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:49:34 PM EST
Thanks Mike!

I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:50:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2007 8:07:01 AM EST by LIL-COMMANDO]
First thing I would do is go the Leupold site and check the area on Counterfeit Mark 4's and make sure you dont have one of these. These fake Leupolds are out there and If you dont have any documentation for it then just check to make sure. The website might have insturctions for your type of optic???

As for your problem I dont know yet. My brand new Mark 4 MRT M2 is on its way from Larue Tactical. If your at 25 meters and used all your elevation but you are still low then there is a serious problem. Pls let us know when you find out what the deal is.

Good luck Sir.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:00:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By LIL-COMMANDO:
First thing I would do is go the Leupold site and check the area on Counterfeit Mark 4's and make sure you dont have one of these. These fake Leupolds are out there and If you dont have any documentation for it then just check to make sure. The website might have insturctions for your type of optic???

As for your problem I dont know yet. My brand new Mark 4 MRT M2 is on its way from Larue Tactical. If your at 25 meters and used all your elevation but you are still low then there is a serious problem. Pls let us know when you find out what the deal is.

Good lunck Sir.

Thanks. I think Mike nailed it though. I bought the scope from another member here and I have no reason to think it is clone. I do know about the ones you are talking about, but I have never seen a clone of the 1.5-5 powers. I will check out Leupold's site just in case though.

I will try to hit the range again tomorrow and will let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks again guys.
Top Top