Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2002 9:24:18 AM EDT
I want to build from a kit, a post ban ar-15 a2 20" HBar. I have checked the prices and they are about the same. My problem is which one do I choose? I don't know there reputations or quality. These are the companies DMPS, M&A, Model 1, J&T, and Olympic. I live in Washington so Oly will charge taxes. What order would you choose and why?  Thanks for the help.

PS
anyone have Pete from NH
E-mail address

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Pete-In-NH, is awesome to deal with, great customer service.  [email][email protected][/email] is his email address.

[red]edited to ask: Where in Wa. are you located? I'm on the Long Beach peninsula [:D][/red]

Jamie
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in marysville, wa
Do you know if olympic arms will add local tax if we order from them? Thanks for the info on Pete. Does he have a site so I can see prices?

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm in marysville, wa
Do you know if olympic arms will add local tax if we order from them? Thanks for the info on Pete. Does he have a site so I can see prices?

Eddie
View Quote

I would think that Oly would add local tax [:(], but I'm not sure.

Pete doesn't have a website that I know of, wish he did. He does have a space in the Industry section, listed under Legal Transfers (see [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=86] Here [/url]) and advertisements  all over the Equipment Exchange, just do a search for Pete-In-NH [;)]

Jamie
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I would buy from J&T, because one of the owners has a 5 month old son that is well on the way to having a very expensive firearms habit (already has 9 guns, 2 of which are suppressed).  [NI]

Seriously check out our website and see if we've got a configuration that you're looking for.

[url]www.jtdistributing.com[/url]

Jesse
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
that came across as a bad link here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would buy from J&T, because one of the owners has a 5 month old son that is [red][b]already very spoiled[/b][/red].  [NI]

Seriously check out our website and see if we've got a configuration that you're looking for.

[url]www.jtdistributing.com[/url]

Jesse
View Quote

Fixed link [;)]

Jamie
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
J&T IS THE BEST I LOVED MY PREBAN KIT
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, so I wasn't paying attention.  I was too busy feeding the spoiled boy.  [:E]

Jesse

And he's not spoiled yet, he doesn't even have an AR yet (the correctly numbered lower has not been made yet).  OK, maybe he is, I left out the fact that the M-249 was made for him, so that makes 10.  At least he lets me play with it, for now.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok, so I wasn't paying attention.  I was too busy feeding the spoiled boy.  [:E]

Jesse

And he's not spoiled yet, he doesn't even have an AR yet (the correctly numbered lower has not been made yet).  OK, maybe he is, I left out the fact that the M-249 was made for him, so that makes 10.  At least he lets me play with it, for now.[red] As long as I ask very nicely.[/red]
View Quote

M-249.....now you're just rubbing it in [:P]

Jamie
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I too have heard great things about 'Pete-in-NH,' so I decided to get an upper and some other parts from him. I hope he takes credit cards.

And beware of dealers telling you that their parts are 'FN' parts. A while ago, I bought an upper (numbered flat top) that was made by 'FN' and it was the worst piece of crap I've seen. It would not fit correctly on my ASA lower. The gap between upper and lower was big enough to see through! The finish wasn't that great either...

Bushmaster and RRA uppers were great on my lower. Especially the RRA.

Oh, last week, I read that FN doesn't sell their parts to the public! Now, who tells people that their uppers are from FN?

Makes you go, hmmm....

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll have to get a picture tomorrow of the spoiled boy and his Dad's favorite toy for you Fifi.

NaraT check out this link for FN part info.

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=141117[/url]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted from [url=http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/partsfaq.msnw]The Maryland AR15 Shooters[/url]

FN is currently a supplier of M16A2s (and other small arms) to the U.S. Military.  By contract they cannot sell their parts to anyone else.  So IF these are really FN parts (how can you tell in most cases?) they were either stolen or are factory rejects (do you want to use a factory reject bolt or barrel??- KABOOM).  Many gunshow and 'bottom feeder' dealers claim their parts are 'FN' - because people will buy them based on the name (and won't buy them if they were told they are cheap imported castings).  They cannot backup their 'FN' claim with documentation, and in fact they could not be legal good quality production parts. At best the parts could be from suppliers that sell to FN (then again who knows? Are they first rate or cheap Chinese parts?).  In summation "FN parts" is usually a dishonest scam - avoid parts that are claimed to be 'FN'.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2002 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Here are the pics I promised, and the official count for the spoiled boy is 11 now.  Here's my pride and joy with my cousin and West Point Cadet!

[img]www.jtdistributing.com/ads/DSC00889.jpg[/img]
[img]www.jtdistributing.com/ads/DSC00890.jpg[/img]

Jesse
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesse, very cute boy [angel] that you have there. I can see why he is your pride and joy.

Jamie
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top