Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 7:45:30 PM EDT
I need a mount to go with my first Aimpoint M3.  

So if I understand this correctly the Larue Cantilever and the standard QD mount both cowitness in the lower third?

My vision is nearsighted astigmatism, not horrible but not great.  I've been trying to shoot with and without glasses to see what works best for me.  So if I get the cantilever mount do I have to mount it all the way forward or can I move the mount rearward if my eyes like that better?

So what might be best for me, Cantilever, QD, or something else?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on that.

The cantilever can go everywhere the straight mount can and more,
the same can't be said the other way around.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
A big thumbs up for the Larue Cantilever mount and for Grant.

I've been using, carrying and generally abusing mine since April and it is still going strong. This is one fine piece of gear. Grant is also the only one to consider for this purchase. He went out of his way to see that I got my mount and my Troy BUIS before I deployed.

Thanks Grant,

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you do want to mount the Aimpoint rearward, and do not plan to use an 3x magnifier behind it, I would probably suggest the standard LaRue mount.  It will get the Aimpoint farther back for your eyes.

Later if you decide you want to run the 3x magnifier, you can purchase the cantilever mount from LaRue.  Then you can put your Aimpoint in the cantilver mount and the 3x magnifier in the standard mount behind it  Or vice versa.

LaRue Tactical

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I like my cantilever mount...even put my scout scope on just s&g...worked pretty good...

If you dont have a rock solid railed forend....well them the LRT Cantilever is an even better option.

-imo
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you do want to mount the Aimpoint rearward, and do not plan to use an 3x magnifier behind it, I would probably suggest the standard LaRue mount.  It will get the Aimpoint farther back for your eyes.

Later if you decide you want to run the 3x magnifier, you can purchase the cantilever mount from LaRue.  Then you can put your Aimpoint in the cantilver mount and the 3x magnifier in the standard mount behind it  Or vice versa.

LaRue Tactical

Thank you, I think I like that idea for now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:20:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top