Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2007 10:38:32 PM EDT
OK, I know that this has most likely been asked about a billion times here but its my NOB question in this forum...

I like what I see from Spikes tactical but he is sold out right now. I have a LEO class I need to attend with this set up in the end of october so I'm kinda itching to get one ASAP.

Is there anybody who has any instock to buy now?

I noticed that Lauer Custom has two different receivers available. One is their Superior LCW15 and the other is marked as a LMT LCW15?!? They look like they are stamped the same in the pics on their site but one cost like $45 more? Does LCW sell stripped lowers for LMT?!??

Thanks in advance for the help folks.

Mike

PS before anybody jumps my case about this not being available in CA it will be registered as an AW here and yes, I am a LEO
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
For pistol lowers you can try Anvil Arms, I bought one at a gunshow in Lakeland Fl over the weekend,  Just have to let Jon know that it will be used to build a pistol so he can register it that way also he will engrave it free as "Registered Pistol"..... I also got a rifle lower and a complete upper to build a rifle.... good people and great customer service.... hope this helps..
http://www.anvilarms.com/
www.anvilarms.com/
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I found out that Spike's will engrave "registered pistol" on the oposite side of the mag well for those that don't want to wait on the list.
I was going to go this route (excitedly) until I found out that my FFL won't DROS it due to the auto markings on the receiver and concerns that the CA DOJ would bother him/ me about them h
I wish this was easier Thanks for the help...
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
You dealer is full of crap.  The FA markings on a stripped lower mean absolutely nothing.  Find another dealer who is not an idiot.
Wait a minute, I just noticed you are in CA.  There I guess anything is possible but there are no concerns on the Federal level.
Since CA will not allow so-called assault weapons such as the AR-15 with detachable magazine in CA nor pistols with a threaded barrel, you may have an issue with CA in even building an AR-15 type pistol.  Better check on that closely because I have a hunch you will not be allowed to own an AR-15 pistol.  I bet CA has the weight and magazine limitations like the old Federal AWB had but even more restrictive.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#4]
big-bore: I am LEO and will be buying it as a registered AW here in ca (as stated in 1st post).

The CA DOJ seems to think that just because its stamped with the burst marking it is a FA item... Stupid, I know. Hell, we ALL know better than that but there has been many issues with this here for some reasonhave
Now to start the paperwork crap...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Mr Kruger.
I will definately keep you in mind.
This was SUCH a pain in the ass to get this lower here.
CMMG did not seem to know anyting about shipping a receiver to a LEO in CA even though I have seen their product in various other officers lockers here in CA.

It turns out that those LEO's had to go through an intermediate FFL to have them shipped to CA.

I discovered that Michelle at Cold War Shooters (TX) is a great help in legally buying an AR lower in CA. If it wasn't for her I would never have gotten this together.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top