Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 6:57:02 PM EDT
I am looking for an upper to put on a newly acquired pre-ban eagle rifle and have had a hard time finding a place that has what I'm looking for.

I want an A3 upper with a 14.5" M4 profile barrel and a Phantom FS permanently attached to the barrel, 1/9 twist, 5.56 chamber. Also has to be chrome lined. I would also like it to have the M4 feed ramp cuts (I've had trouble finding people that offer this).

I thought about building it to get exactly what I wanted, but then I realized I would have no idea about what I was doing.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you need to order a Bushmaster upper for the 1 in 9 twist.

Or, if you can use a 1 in 7 twist, these folks will be happy to help you.

link: http://www.autoweapons.com/products/accessories.html
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The easiest way to get this set up is from [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=174919]CMMG[/url] on the EE, but they are 1/7 twist. ( a better choice IMHO)
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like an Armalite would fit your needs perfectly.  I'd contact [url]www.quanticoarms.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're looking for a preban Eagle Arms upper in that configuration, stop looking.  You'll never find one.  Your best bet is to find a preban Eagle Arms flattop upper that matches your lower, and swap out the barrel.  Or you could simply buy a RRA, Bustmaster, DPMS, etc. upper in that configuration and live with the color mismatch.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I am not looking for an eagle arms upper.

I e-mailled Bushmaster about the M4 feedramp cuts but they said their uppers don't have the cuts becasue colt has the pattent on it
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I e-mailled Bushmaster about the M4 feedramp cuts but they said their uppers don't have the cuts becasue colt has the pattent on it
View Quote

Because of the colt patent, the only ways to get this is to 1)have the upper built from a colt upper receiver, or 2)send the barreled upper to a smith and have them cut.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Because of the colt patent, the only ways to get this is to 1)have the upper built from a colt upper receiver, or 2)send the barreled upper to a smith and have them cut.
View Quote

Or simply put them in yourself. It aint hard. DREMEL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top