Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2006 7:55:12 PM EDT
I have some brownells Moly/Teflon Gun finish and the instructions say to "remove overspray with degreaser BEFORE baking."

What the hell are they talking about? What overspray?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The mist that is floating around after you finish spraying settles back onto the part and leaves a rough texture. Wiping it will remove the roughness before it gets set by baking. If you're happy with the finish, bake it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Once you are sure it is dried, rub it with a rag.  The more you rub it, the more of a sheen the finish will impart.

Its up to you if you want to get a shine.  The rougher the finish, the more of a flat/ matte it is.

If it was me, I would rub it with a terry cloth towel after I cured it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Perfect guys! This is going on my frankenmaadi AK so I will want a dull finish. Its in the oven right now!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top