Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 7:56:21 AM EDT
Hello I just purchased a spikes complete lower, in which it will probably be ready in 6-8 weeks. In the mean time I will be deciding on which complete upper to purchase. I want a high end complete rifle. I've been looking into Noveske uppers, but I had a few questions about them. What is the deference between the Reece uppers and recons...? Also any other complete uppers to look into from other companies? Keep in mind I want top quality. Thanks alot.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you plan on doing with this rifle?

A varmint rig, 3gun rig, and service rifle are all different beasts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Varmint/ fun/ look at and be impressed gun :)
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The Recon uses a stainless steel barrel, the Recce uses a chrome lined barrel. Stainless barrels are generally considered more accurate than chrome lined.  That said, nobody bitches about the groups the get with Noveske's chrome lined barrels.

I'd probably go with a BCM Recce upper but I've been accused of drinking the Kool Aid so don't consider me unbiased.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I here good things on bc on here, so how do they stack up against noveske?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top