Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 3:27:57 PM EDT
Hi all.  Im in the process of mounting a Super Sniper scope on my 10T.  I'm having trouble keeping the scope from moving when I tighten down on the scope mount clamp screws.  Is there any thicks to this?

Also, how are all you guys aligning the scope so that the cross hairs are perfectly horizontal/vertical?

I just hung a chalk line about 35 feet down the hallway and first made sure that the rifle itself was level, then I adjusted the scope so that the crosshairs were as close to being in line with my chaulk line.  Sound good?

Thanks for any help..
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I did the same thing except I leveled the scope while off of the rifle.  I put it on top of a level surface and aligned it off a chalk line also.  Once I had it aligned, I just placed one hand on top of the scope so it wouldn't move and I tightened one side at a time as evenly as possible.  Just make sure you put your hand on top of the scope so it doesn't move.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top