Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 12:07:46 PM EDT
OK I got my Warne Rings and they seem pretty solidly built.

My question is this: the rings are black, but they have a silver piece that fits near the bottom of the scope.  The silver piece slides into the slots on the A3 flattop upper.  If you look closely at the silver piece, it is skinny on one side and fat on the other.  The rings came with the skinny piece oriented to the outside, that is, when mounted, the skinny part would be inside the grooves on the flattop mount and the fat piece would be towards the scope and away from the rifle.

However, it seems more logical to me to fit the FAT piece into the grooves of the mount, as this would allow for less play back and forth when the scope is mounted to the rifle.  So which is it?

I have a digital photo (about 15k) to help explain if my explanation isn't sufficient.  I can e-mail the photo to anyone interested, or some kind soul can offer to host the pic for me.  Just send me an IM with an e-mail addy for me to e-mail the pic.

On another note, when I put the scope on the rifle to adjust the eye relief, I noticed that at low power, the front sight post assembly really screws up the view through the scope.  On higher power, this doesn't matter.  Is there anyway to avoid this, aside from getting obscenely high rings?  As it stands, I have the medium rings on, but I think if they were a little higher I could get a better cheekweld.  But I think to eliminate the front sight is unrealistic and would require rings that would yield almost no cheek weld.

Any comments are appreciated; thanks!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#1]
What type of Warnes rings are we talking about?
QD or Perm?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
They are quick-detach rings
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top