Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 2:32:43 PM EDT
I have an upper with the only marking being an   A   with the upper portion being detached from the lower of the symbol.  An ideas who the manufacturer is?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a bunch.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
WRONG!!! Biger Hammer is so out of date that the info there, particularly on uppers, is almost useless.

That site will tell you that the split A is an Olympic manufacture.  That's total bullshit. The aplit A is a FORGE mark, put on there by Anchor Harvey, the forge that produced the raw blank---and they have produced forgings for just about every AR maker in the United States; including Colt at one point.

The answer to your question is NO, you can't tell who made the piece by that mark, since that mark is on the uppers made by at least five different manufacturers; Bushmaster, DPMS, Rock River, Olympic, and Colt.  Probably more than that, but those are the ones I personally know of.

Bigger Hammer?? They ought to change the name of that site to Bigger Bullshit, for any info other than early Colt stuff.  The Colt info is correct. Anything else? Forget it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
well then i apologize for linking to old crusty info.

THANKS SHAMAYIM!!! [wave]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have an upper with the only marking being an   A   with the upper portion being detached from the lower of the symbol.  An ideas who the manufacturer is?
View Quote

The "slintered A" is actually an "A" over a "H", and stands for [url=forgings.com]Anchor Harvey[/url], which is the current supplier for most of the major manufacture'rs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top