Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 3:37:53 PM EDT
This has me stumped. I just got a complete 9mm setup in a trade deal. If someone would post pics for me I can email them. There are no markings at all that I can find on the upper or the barrel, or the bolt/carrier. Flat top upper. No front sight post, just a smooth barrel with a permanently attatched MB. Takes a mag block that snaps into  the original AR mag catch and uses un-modified Sten mags. Where the forward assist would be there is simply a stud with a hole sticking out. For a sling swivel maybe ? I know pics would help ALOT but I don't know how to post them. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Except for the forward assist, it sounds like an Olympic Arms setup.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like the one vulcan sells. while they do not have that good a rep( to some)  their 9mm is an exact copy of the oly setup. . except the m/b has holes vs. slots. nice shooters.  have fun
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Email the pics to me and I will get them up Monday AM!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#4]
got someone posting the pics for me but thanks Joe.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Definately not an Oly as the ejector is a wire mounted in the upper receiver, not attached to the mag block.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it a J&T upper?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a Hesse!

Run Forest Run!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That is a Hesse!

Run Forest Run!!!!!!!!

unless someone has had personall experience with a mfg how can they complain. i've had a few hesse/vulcan items and they worked fine. they upper i have uses the hesse/vulcan mag adapter/ejector   i have a MGI QCB upper and didn't want to drill a hole for the oly ejecter. and zero issues.
when ASA was being pummled their rifles worked for me. etc.
granted across the board they are not dpms,colt,bushy or rra on uniformity. their stuff works. for the right price i'd take a l/w upper.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That is a Hesse!

Run Forest Run!!!!!!!!

unless someone has had personall experience with a mfg how can they complain. i've had a few hesse/vulcan items and they worked fine. they upper i have uses the hesse/vulcan mag adapter/ejector   i have a MGI QCB upper and didn't want to drill a hole for the oly ejecter. and zero issues.
granted across the board they are not dpms,colt,bushy or rra on uniformity. their stuff works. for the right price i'd take a l/w upper.

That is spoken thru personal experience......although I never fired a round in it.......the ejector was so shitfucked out of alignment that the upper reciever had to be forced on and the bolt was siezed in place.  Therefore I could not cycle it.  Thank you for assuming I was talking out my ass, perhaps I should post my resume with every statement I make.

I am sure Hesse/Vulcan is very pleased to have you as a loyal customer.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That is a Hesse!

Run Forest Run!!!!!!!!

That is spoken thru personal experience......although I never fired a round in it.......the ejector was so shitfucked out of alignment that the upper reciever had to be forced on and the bolt was siezed in place.  Therefore I could not cycle it.  Thank you for assuming I was talking out my ass, perhaps I should post my resume with every statement I make.

I am sure Hesse/Vulcan is very pleased to have you as a loyal customer.  

it's real easy to realign the ejector . not to hard.  i had the same issue with an oly ejector. any other issues not fixable?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top