Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 4/19/2016 8:39:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2016 8:42:01 PM EDT by 545ak]
OK, here's the problem. I have an AUG with a dot on a ADM CAS-V mount. With the height of the mount, 1.15 inches, the dot is at the perfect height. I want to mount a magnifier with it but I can't find a magnifier mount that sits low enough. I know this is the AR forum but I figured you guys would have more experience with magnifiers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:30:29 PM EDT
That may be difficult to find... I suggest looking into 30mm flip mounts and a magnifier to fit it. 30mm mounts are more abundant.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:54:53 PM EDT
I tried an absolute cowitness mount and the center line of the magnifier was about even with the top edge of the dot lense.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:41:01 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 545ak:
I tried an absolute cowitness mount and the center line of the magnifier was about even with the top edge of the dot lense.
View Quote

Ok. I looked at Augs online. It has a flat top rail. magnifiers with RDS never line up perfectly, but long as you keep the mount height the same (absolute/absolute, 1/3 to 1/3).

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:31:55 AM EDT
I know most dot mounts and magnifier mounts line up on ARs. I have a few ARs. The AUGA3 rail sits higher so I needed a lower mount to be able to have a proper cheekweld. Somebody said H&K has a magnifier mount that sits a good bit lower than the normal AR height ones but damned if I can find it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:14:07 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 545ak:
I know most dot mounts and magnifier mounts line up on ARs. I have a few ARs. The AUGA3 rail sits higher so I needed a lower mount to be able to have a proper cheekweld. Somebody said H&K has a magnifier mount that sits a good bit lower than the normal AR height ones but damned if I can find it.
View Quote

Have you search for a cheek riser at all?

Magnifiers are one thing that's hard to cross platform it seems... I wonder how much it would be for a cnc place to make a simple mount.
Top Top