Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/16/2003 6:10:21 PM EST
Want to change from the old fiberlite to the newer M4 style. I really want to leave the buffer tube and just change the plastic.. Any hints on how to do this? John
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:14:55 PM EST
Just buy the ribbed stock and not a whole stock kit. To remove the old one simply pull the latch down HARD away from the main body, hold it down, and it will slide all the way back and right off the tube. No need to hammer out the latch pin. Just make sure you get the right size replacement stock- measure your tube diameter. You will either have a milspec sized tube (i.e. Colt/Vltor) or a non-milspec (RRA, Bushmaster, everyone else).
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:44:07 PM EST
Damn, thats easy!! Thanks for the help!! John
Top Top