Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 2:42:31 PM EDT
I have a flash suppressor (YHM -28) I really dont want to send it out ,do I need any tools to just put this on my rifle, the barrel is already threaded ?

Thanks guys for any help !!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh.... don't you just screw it on?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Uh....why are you  being a smart ass ? There is a crush washer ,I though you had to tighten it with force I'm sorry I'm not as smart as you !!! That's why the fuck I asked !!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Simply tighten the flash hider snugly also use a little "RED" locktite to prevent any movment. there is a specific torque value which escapes me at the moment but if you "Crush" the washer a little it should be enough.If you need any further build advice I am in the business.
Red
xringprecisionrifles.com  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Simply tighten the flash hider snugly also use a little "RED" locktite to prevent any movment. there is a specific torque value which escapes me at the moment but if you "Crush" the washer a little it should be enough.If you need any further build advice I am in the business.
Red
xringprecisionrifles.com  

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh....why are you  being a smart ass ? There is a crush washer ,I though you had to tighten it with force I'm sorry I'm not as smart as you !!! That's why the fuck I asked !!!

Personally, I thought YOU were being a smart ass for asking.

You did NOT ask about the crush washer or what torque was required.

(Edited to remove poor choice of words.)

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]
15-20ft lbs.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.........
for helping me !!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top