Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/6/2007 6:44:16 AM EST
I am getting ready to buy a 308 Supressor and my plan is to buy the Gem-Tech HRT with the Bi-Lock mount. Now, you may say, WTF, he asked about a 223 barrel... well here is why.

I know that I can get a smaller 5.56 Bi-Lock mounted on a 5.56 upper and safely use a 308 can. Sure, the can will be really heavy for the caliber but if the good fortune of the lagal status of supressors continues I will add a 223 can after the 308 can.

I am looking for a Mid-Length so that I can go with a thread mounted supressor when I get the 223 can if I decide that is a better choice for me and I want the 1:7 twist to allow me to shoot the 5.56 TAP T2 stash that I spent way too much money on for SHTF.

I am open to advise on what may bet the best options.

I curently have quite a few carbine uppers but my primary setup is a Bushmaster M4A3 with the 1:7-twist 14.5-inc barrel with a pinned and welded phantom. The crbine also has a KAC FF RAS, EoTech, Surefire, TD grip, etc. I could have the pahntom cut off my curent setup and have one of the Bi-Lock phantoms welded fast and perhaps that would be the best way to go...

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:04:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:11:37 AM EST
Sabre!!!

I have three of their 16" midlength barrels.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:09:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2007 10:18:15 AM EST by Quarterbore]
Another quick question...

I know with the Mid-Length barrels that a Bayonet will mount forward of where the flash hider normally mounts to the barrel (unlike a 20-inch or 14.5 where the ring is over the barrel).

Because I am looking at the Phantom with a Bi-Lock, I am curious if with the Phantom w/ Bi-Lock if a bayonet can still be mounted with the two lugs. Specifically, does anybody know if the mounting ring of the M9 Bayonet will be forward of the Bi-lock mounts given the forward nature of the Mid-Length barrels?

If it does, I will be sold and I will buy soon!

EDIT TO ADD:

Gem-Tech G5 pic showing the Phantom Bi-Lock:

Note, Gem-Tech has indicated that the HRT w/ Bi-Lock will mount on the 223-Bi-Lock BUT the G5, for obvious safety reasons, will not mount on a HRT Bi-Lock mount.

EDIT 2:

Here is a link with some pics of M9s mounted on Mid-Length uppers... www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355. I am pretty confident that this will work so that if I get a Mid-Length, add the Phantom Bi-Lock, that I will be able to mount my beloved M9s as well as my supressor(s).

Let me have a yard sale to come up with some money for this barrel and I will order soon.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 11:16:14 AM EST
CMMG has a nice lineup.

www.cmmginc.com
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:28:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By jmccoy:
CMMG has a nice lineup.

www.cmmginc.com

+1

Whatever you want.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:32:26 PM EST
Sabre.
Rainer, PK Firearms, and Talon are all sellers of this fine, fine barrel.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:13:25 AM EST
Denny's Operator.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:17:04 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:34:26 AM EST
I spent some time looking at my options and I am still planning to buy a supressor but I read some really not so great feedback on the Bi-Lock system with the HRT blowing gas back on the optics of the host weapon. I am starting again and now I am looking at the AAC 762-SD.

This supressor is also a QD system and I will be able to run it on my AR-10s, FALs, etc, and it is a full auto 308 capable can so obviously full auto 223 would work too.

These supressors are too expensive to buy and discover I hate it for some reason like gasses burning up a $1k+ optic so I am going to pass up on the HRT.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:29:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 5:32:31 AM EST by Blaculo]
Since you're going to suppress this with the HVT, I'd stay away from government profile and go with a medium contour barrel like the CMMG Medcon or the Denny's Operator. I currently use the Operator with my G5 and the POI shift is minimal.

ETA: On a 16" barrel with optics mounted on the flattop, there is no issue with gas on the optics. The gas blowback goes about 4" back on the barrel itself.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:42:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 7:48:33 AM EST by TaylorWSO]

Originally Posted By Quarterbore:
I spent some time looking at my options and I am still planning to buy a supressor but I read some really not so great feedback on the Bi-Lock system with the HRT blowing gas back on the optics of the host weapon. I am starting again and now I am looking at the AAC 762-SD.

This supressor is also a QD system and I will be able to run it on my AR-10s, FALs, etc, and it is a full auto 308 capable can so obviously full auto 223 would work too.

These supressors are too expensive to buy and discover I hate it for some reason like gasses burning up a $1k+ optic so I am going to pass up on the HRT.

delete

Only thing about QD cans is the cost of the FS/QD device.

I see youve already got an answer
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:46:40 AM EST
I am sure either the Sabre Defense or CMMG would be a great choice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:35:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:

Originally Posted By Quarterbore:

delete

Only thing about QD cans is the cost of the FS/QD device.

I see youve already got an answer

Yea, I went here for help when I learned of the Bi-Lock issues:

www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14808
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:44:17 AM EST
Top Top