Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 3:14:15 AM EDT
I called Lauer Weaponry yesterday to order one of their stripped lowers, and the guy I spoke to told me they don't use LMT anymore . Superior Arms is their supplier now. I think SA are probably good lowers, but but they are fairly new and I wasn't willing to pay LMT price for it.
Since this will eventually be an NFA sbr, I want to be sure to get a good one. I'm thinking I'll look for a Stag, but havn't found one of those yet either. I need advise on what/where to get.
Thanks,
Gump
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
look in the EE, they are all over the place
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yeppers! Good lowers are all over the place in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeppers! Good lowers are all over the place in the EE.
There still seems to be somewhat of a shortage, at least two suppliers I have purchased lowers from are currently out of stock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#4]
JTAC has stag lowers in the EE
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Stag Arms
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
JTAC has stag lowers in the EE
Cool, Jason is good to deal with.

Oops, as I read it he is out again.                       www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=388961

Kiser is out of Stag lowers. Kiser

Denny's guns out of stock on lowers.Global Tactical

Aim Surplus sold out of all lowers.AIM

Hmm...I am beginning to see a pattern here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, like I said, I can't find where to buy a good lower right now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
If you really want one, then you have to earn it.
It took me almost 2 months to track a Stag lower (I love that frickin' deer).
One day I stumbled into a thread where I found out that jtac had just got in a new box of them, I called the next day, and the following day they shipped my lower.
For me, it was just luck of the draw.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yep, like I said, I can't find where to buy a good lower right now.
Maybe the kind fellows that seem to think they are all over the place on the EE can supply you with a link to where you can puchase one.  If I run across any for sale I will send you an IM.

The last ones that I purchased were from JTAC a day or two before Christmas, and I had been looking a while before finding those.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Cold War Shooters Kind of pricy...click "specials" for some sale pricing on a few them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll throw a couple of options out to you although they aren't Stag so take it FWIW.

AMEETEC ARMS has complete M4 lowers w/ 6-pos stock for $200 here.

They also have complete lowers w/ A1 stocks for $200 here.

AMEETEC is out of stripped lowers (or at least they aren't listed on their site anymore).  An option I've seen is Essential Arms here for $77.  

I have no experience with Essential Arms and have limited experience with AMEETEC as I only have one of their complete M4 lowers w/ 6-pos stock.  It is very nice however and the finish is as good as my Bushy and slightly better than my 6920's (There are two small specks of missing finish where it appears a tiny piece or two of foreign matter were present when the finish was applied.)

Again, FWIW, and I wish you luck,
Scott
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'll throw a couple of options out to you although they aren't Stag so take it FWIW.

AMEETEC ARMS has complete M4 lowers w/ 6-pos stock for $200 here.

They also have complete lowers w/ A1 stocks for $200 here.

AMEETEC is out of stripped lowers (or at least they aren't listed on their site anymore).  An option I've seen is Essential Arms here for $77.  

I have no experience with Essential Arms and have limited experience with AMEETEC as I only have one of their complete M4 lowers w/ 6-pos stock.  It is very nice however and the finish is as good as my Bushy and slightly better than my 6920's (There are two small specks of missing finish where it appears a tiny piece or two of foreign matter were present when the finish was applied.)

Again, FWIW, and I wish you luck,
Scott

+1 Essential Arms, I used one for my last build.  Get the tough coat finish for a couple bucks more, much nicer than the anodized finish, and comes in colors.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll throw in one more...Lone Star Wholesale. Their site states they only have complete lowers in stock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Try RB Precision. They may still have a deal going for Superior Arms lowers. Buy 2 and get them for $85 ea. plus shipping. The shipping is reasonable and fast on in stock items. I know it says January but it may still be good.

I have several SA lowers and like the creep adjustment. It can make a stock single stage fairly decent.

www.rbprecision.com/id7.htm

Edit: I just notices that you are from Indiana. Robert does at least one show in Indiana if I remember correctly. Contact Robert or Krista and see if something can be worked out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:44:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Anvil Arms

Spike's Tactical

PK Firearms

Those are all players who have in lowers in stock at least that I can find in 28 seconds.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:50:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I called Lauer Weaponry yesterday to order one of their stripped lowers, and the guy I spoke to told me they don't use LMT anymore . Superior Arms is their supplier now.

Very interesting!  I've used most all of the major players over the years for builds and have never had a problem with any of them.  I am holding out for Gobal Tactical, which are Stag, and Magpul...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top