Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:17:34 PM EDT
...for out to 100 yards.  I'm thinking 20 power would be good enough to see the .223 hits at 100 yards?  I'd like to get something under $100 as I don't have the need for seeing beyond 100 yards.  Anyone have any good suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a cheapo Russian scope off of eBay for about $65.  No problem seeing .223 holes at 100.  At 200, I use a shoot-n-see target and can see the holes.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested to hear the answer to this too.

I've got a regular 30x telescope that I got from Kmart.
With it, I can't see holes at 100 yards, but it doesn't have a very big diameter.
30mm maybe?

I'd like to find a good inexpensive spotting scope myself.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a little over $100, but it is getting some great reviews.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is a Burris 20x with tripod on sale at Natchez Shooter Supply for $49...     http://www.natchezss.com/newflier/0023f.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:10:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Check into the Yukon line. I have their cheaper version 20-50x IIRC. I can see anything I need. I have never used a $1300 Zeiss so I can't compare it to any high end glass. It works for me. Only complaint is that you have to be right on top of it with your eye to get your sight picture. I use it more than the 20x Burris that I got free with a scope order.
The Yukon is around $70ish.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I used a Yukon and took it back.  FOV sucks.

Leupold Windriver is a good one.  Bushnell makes good spotters too.  They are in the $180 to $225 range.  

I checked out the Natchez link.  Their Bushnell prices are outstanding.  They are high on the Leupold.  The Bushnell is actually very slightly better in optical quality.  The Celestron link looks very good too, but I would want to see the real optical clarity on it.

There is an outstanding review on Snipercountry about spotters.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top