Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 5:47:34 AM EST
I would like to purchase a single complete rifle and purchase a separate upper from the same factory for increased flexability and better lower to upper match-up. I am having a hard time deciding between Bushmaster and Armalite. For now I am desiring a complete Bushmaster V-Match, or Varminter and eventually purchasing a complete No ban A2 upper. I am not interested in 16" barrels and only want the 20" barrel as I live in an area that has huge expanses of land that require long shots on ranch critters. In the Armalite catalog, I have been looking at the 20" T model complete rifle and getting the No ban A2 upper later on. I have tried to rate out these complete rifles and decide which would be better but I still can't decide. The Armalite is attractive because of the better 2 stage trigger (I have heard here anyway), 1:8 twist, and fiberglass handguard. The only reason that I am hesitant to get either the Armalite T or BM Varminter is the 24" barrel (climbing in and out of trucks) and that is why I threw the BM 20" V Match into the mix. The second upper in the A2 configuration for either factory is desirable for range fun and I really enjoy shooting iron sights. Which one would be better for me and offer the best value?

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:21:29 AM EST
After doing some more research on-line, would the chrome lined 20" V-match be a better choice than either the Armalite T or Varminter while still retaining enough intrisic precision potential for long range (500 yard) shots on yotes and other pests?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:24:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 7:27:26 AM EST by krazy_karl]
So which rifle is better, the BM varminter or the Armalite M15A4(T)?

edited with correct model deisgnation
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:22:58 AM EST
1) Stainless Steel - NOT Chrome, if accuracy is a concern

2) Whichever has the faster twist will be better. 1:7 preferred, 1:8 at a minimum, UNLESS you intend to use 50gr or lighter bullets...
Top Top