Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 6:47:34 AM EDT
I would like to purchase a single complete rifle and purchase a separate upper from the same factory for increased flexability and better lower to upper match-up.  I am having a hard time deciding between Bushmaster and Armalite. For now I am desiring a complete Bushmaster V-Match, or Varminter and eventually purchasing a complete No ban A2 upper. I am not interested in 16" barrels and only want the 20" barrel as I live in an area that has huge expanses of land that require long shots on ranch critters. In the Armalite catalog, I have been looking at the 20" T model complete rifle and getting the No ban A2 upper later on. I have tried to rate out these complete rifles and decide which would be better but I still can't decide. The Armalite is attractive because of the better 2 stage trigger (I have heard here anyway), 1:8 twist, and fiberglass handguard. The only reason that I am hesitant to get either the Armalite T or BM Varminter is the 24" barrel (climbing in and out of trucks) and that is why I threw the BM 20" V Match into the mix. The second upper in the A2 configuration for either factory is desirable for range fun and I really enjoy shooting iron sights. Which one would be better for me and offer the best value?

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
After doing some more research on-line, would the chrome lined 20" V-match be a better choice than either the Armalite T or Varminter while still retaining enough intrisic precision potential for long range (500 yard) shots on yotes and other pests?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#2]
So which rifle is better, the BM varminter or the Armalite M15A4(T)?

edited with correct model deisgnation
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#3]
1) Stainless Steel - NOT Chrome, if accuracy is a concern

2) Whichever has the faster twist will be better. 1:7 preferred, 1:8 at a minimum, UNLESS you intend to use 50gr or lighter bullets...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top