Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2003 5:37:40 PM EDT
I currently have a Colt post ban AR with the A2 upper and lower. 16" heavey barrel with comp. It has a non-collapsing M-4 Stock on it. I cuttent have a Tasco 5MOA red Dot on top of the carry handlewith see thru mount to utilize the adjustable sites. The problem is using it in 3-gun competition we have targets sometimes out over 200 yrds. While the red dot works well out to 100, it is difficult to hit 8-12 inch steel plates with the dot and my eyes are 'nt that great for opensites that far out.
 I was going to mount a scope on top with the red dot mounted on a side piccanty rail so I would have all 3 possibilites but a friend said it was not a good idea. Said it would make sighting the gun too "busy". Do any of you have this cind of setup and how does it work for you?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
trijicon ta-50 w/triangle
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL, I was gonna try to slip an ACOG past my wife but she freaked when she saw the price...$890...She said hell would freeze 1st!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LOL, I was gonna try to slip an ACOG past my wife but she freaked when she saw the price...$890...She said hell would freeze 1st!
View Quote

Do the ACOG!  Don't you have a black budget?  I thought everyone here had access to black funds!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Look for a used one for around $600
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top