Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/5/2003 5:37:40 PM EDT
I currently have a Colt post ban AR with the A2 upper and lower. 16" heavey barrel with comp. It has a non-collapsing M-4 Stock on it. I cuttent have a Tasco 5MOA red Dot on top of the carry handlewith see thru mount to utilize the adjustable sites. The problem is using it in 3-gun competition we have targets sometimes out over 200 yrds. While the red dot works well out to 100, it is difficult to hit 8-12 inch steel plates with the dot and my eyes are 'nt that great for opensites that far out.
I was going to mount a scope on top with the red dot mounted on a side piccanty rail so I would have all 3 possibilites but a friend said it was not a good idea. Said it would make sighting the gun too "busy". Do any of you have this cind of setup and how does it work for you?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:42:23 PM EDT
trijicon ta-50 w/triangle
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:52:16 PM EDT
LOL, I was gonna try to slip an ACOG past my wife but she freaked when she saw the price...$890...She said hell would freeze 1st!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:58:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By xwing: LOL, I was gonna try to slip an ACOG past my wife but she freaked when she saw the price...$890...She said hell would freeze 1st!
View Quote
Do the ACOG! Don't you have a black budget? I thought everyone here had access to black funds!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:00:11 PM EDT
Look for a used one for around $600
Top Top