Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 3:17:21 PM EDT
I have a flat top Bushy 16" upper on a Colt lower with the ARMS#40 rear sight.  I need a taller post as I found out today.  I see on Bushmasters sight the offer this puppy:

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/9349056-m.asp

The description reads "Because the Colt A3 carry handle is taller than mil spec. it requires this modified .040 front sight post. This sight post should also be used with the ARMS #40."

Is this what I need?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Trijicon front post and it works fine.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you been to the range yet? I recently put together an upper with a Bushmaster M4 barrel, and I bought the tall post, expecting to need to use it with the #40. But at the range, I was able to sight in pretty quickly, without using the tall post.[:\]

ed; If you do need one, let me know, mines still in the bag.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I took it to the range today and the sight post that came on the upper is just too short.  Since the sight posts are only like $5, I don't have much to loose if it does not work out.  My dad has the same setup as me so I really need two, otherwise I would take you up on your offer.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Idah0Bound, first off, a belated welcome to the ARFCOM family!

I have an extra Bushmaster extended height front sight post that you can have, free of charge.  Just drop me an IM with your address, and I will get it out to you sometime in the next couple of days.

All I ask in return is that you & your dad become politically active & involved over the next 15 months, and help cast the "assault weapons" ban on to the ash heap of history!

America's gun owners are privy to a rarity in this life... a SECOND CHANCE to win this political & cultural battle.  It would be a shame if we let the opportunity slip by because of apathy. Thus, we need all hands on deck for this fight!!!    

I'm sure that someday you would like to pass your Bushmaster down to your own children. The struggle for the right to do that, begins now!

Thanks, and don't forget that IM.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Either buy the Trijicon sight post or talk to Pete@Legal Transfers in the Equipment Exchange. He has a stock non-tritium taller post for $8

Edit: Or take Patriot's for free. [beer]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top