Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/4/2004 10:43:38 AM EST
Just picked up this gun this week and I'm looking for a nice, comfortable sling. I do predator control work here in Texas and do quite a bit of walking on some days and would like something that looks good on the Varminter while at the same time takes a load off of my back & shoulder.

Suggestions?

I appreciate the help, fellas!

Predatorsniper
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:12:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:49:12 PM EST
How do you like your Varminter? I was just looking at one today.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:04:08 AM EST
I haven't even shot it yet, but it is surprisingly light when compared to a RRA 24"Varminter. I really like the feel and the trigger seems to be really crisp. I can't wait to get it out and whack some coyotes and cats.

I'll let you know as soon as it gets to shoot some paper, or better yet, fur!Predatorsniper
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:00:27 PM EST
For a rifle of that type I would think you would rather have something more like the Mike Miller Quick Cuff sling fro Tactical innovations more of a nylon marksmans sling instead of leather or a tactical CQB style sling.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:43:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By predatorsniper:
I haven't even shot it yet, but it is surprisingly light when compared to a RRA 24"Varminter. I really like the feel and the trigger seems to be really crisp.
Predatorsniper

I was surprised when researching these varmint rifles that the 24" Bushmaster was 1/4 lb lighter than the 18" RockRiver or 20" Arrmalite.
I've been very pleased with mine, and though the 24" is a little unwieldy, it certainly isn't as heavy as you'd think, plus, for long range work, I like all the muzzle velocity I can get.

For the sling, replacing the rear loop with a Bushmaster stud, and using a pair of Uncle Mike's locking quick release sling swivels with a black nylon padded strap attached to the Harris Bipod works well for me.
Top Top