Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:48:16 AM EDT
I have a large scope with a long eye relief and there isn't enough room on the A3 upper to mount the scope.  I am looking for a rail extension that will allow me to mount the scope a couple of inches out over the hand guard.  Can you point me to something?  Quick detach would also be great but not necessary.

TIA,
dave.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:52:23 PM EDT
Depends on how much more eye relief you need

The Larue scope mount allows the scope to be farther forward.

ARMS and GG&G make riser rails that extend over the handguards.

Some railed handguards such as the FIRSH from Olympic Arms provide a continuous rail so you can mount the scope where ever you want.

I've been getting a lot of use out of this pic lately.  The top rifle has a long FIRSH free float tube that allows the scope to mounted anywhere.  The bottom rifle has a GG&G scout rail and Warne quick release rings.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:37:15 PM EDT
The bottom rail is kinda what i was looking for.  I have rings.  Where can i get the GG&G scount rail?  I'm not familiar with GG&G

d.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:10:20 PM EDT
I bought mine directly from GG&G when they were having a sale last year.  Their website is www.gggaz.com.  There's also a similar rail available from ARMS that may be easier to find.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:17:03 PM EDT
That would be the Arms #38-Ex.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:29:27 PM EDT
OK.  I've looked at both GGG and ARMS web sites and can't find one of these mounts.  Can someone help me out and find me a link to one of these?

d.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:13:07 PM EDT
ARM #38 (or 36 if you don't need BUIS) and #22M rings. Near perfect RTZ.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 8:14:01 PM EDT by MashBill]

Originally Posted By warddc:
OK.  I've looked at both GGG and ARMS web sites and can't find one of these mounts.  Can someone help me out and find me a link to one of these?

d.

Here is the GG&G.

Here is the ARMS 38, the ARMS 36, and if you need more extension ARMS 36 S-EX.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:53:25 PM EDT
The ARMS #35 throw lever modular ring rail is nice, and or the rings for that can also be used in the track fastening provisions in the #38 sleeves, or SIR too. Lot of mounting options in those set ups.
Jack
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:34:15 PM EDT
If ya want to do it "on the cheap" and still get a good product (don't we all?), the YHM rail extension is what I went with, since I already have an iron sight. It mounts good and solid, ARMS rings fit well on it, and the price was $35.
Top Top