Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 7:34:15 AM EDT
I am looking for a nice soft side case for my ar's. I have a 20" barreled upper with a full length stock I would like to get in. A couple of pockets for mags, carry handle and shoulder strap would be nice also. Nothing special, just something so I dont have to use a hard side all of the time.

Thanks. eagle308us
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an Eagle that sounds like what you are looking for.  I think they call it the "Discrete Case" or something cause it's square.  Not that it looks like anyhting other than a rifle case, but hey , whats in a name.  I have had it for a few years and I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Your best bet is to hit a gun show. Every one I've been to has at least one vendor selling cheap cases. By cheap I mean price. Usually can be had with your specs for $30 or less.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with hitting the gun shows. There is a good sized on this weekend in my area, which I plan on going to. I like to know the price and features of stuff before I go shopping.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Check out Eagle and Blackhawk...both make a case similar to what you described.  I'd have gone with the Eagle discrete but I didn't like the idea of having the mag pockets in the same area as my weapon.

Tac Force makes a discreet case that is pretty good quality and very reasonably priced.  The access. pocket is velcro lined and it comes with three mag pouches.  Bad news - not made in the USA.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a padded guitare case for transporting my rifles around. Looks much more discrete. Went to on of the big music stores in the area and bought what is called a Gig Bag. It has straps and pockets.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple Blackhawk homeland discrete cases. I know people bitch about BH gear, but I like them, no mag pockets rubbing the weapon, looks like a musical instrument case. Built very well. A few bucks cheaper than eagle.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Check this case out....

https://tp-commerce.techpro.com/wrbss/shopexd.asp?id=113

I picked up one off savvysurvivor that is square for an FAL carbine. It has Back pack straps and the two pockets with lots of storage space. Out of all the cases I've had I like this style the most.
http://www.savvysurvivor.com/

I tried pulling up www.savvysurvivor.com but there site is Temporarily Unavailable.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top