Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 7:50:57 PM EDT
My .223 AR's never made it out of the case last weekend.  The 9mm was out blasting all weekend.  Probably a good 300 rounds.  Anyway, My fingers still HURT!  Any loaders for the sten system?

My Oly thanks you!

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]
www.tacticalinc.com/ac/acboxsten-1.html

I have a similar one I got from tapco that works well, but I can't find it on Tapco's website anywhere now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered one several months ago but they were out.  I got an email yesterday saying mines would ship out today.  I would get one before they are sold out again.  I know what you mean with the hurt hand.  PITA to load sten mags.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out IMA. International milatary ant. They have WW2 sten mag loders. Also
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Try Ohio Ordnance Works.. look at the Sten parts page, $35 for a ring loader...  Be advised that this is not the "AUSTEN", as this is stamped from sheet metal, and fits sloppy on some mags due to maker variations.  I also have the box loader as seen above as a back up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone devised one that will work w/the Oly Mags that have the mag well filler welded on??
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyone devised one that will work w/the Oly Mags that have the mag well filler welded on??

I believe Oly has them.  Try giving them a call.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Wilco, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#9]
The Austen mag loader is the only way to go.  Keep checking ebay, and the forums on www.subguns.com and www.sturmgewehr.com for used ones.  They are out there (but not cheap).

scottMO
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
All I can say is there is NO way I would load stem mags by hand.  

You need two things:

1)  Good mag loader.  I won't weigh in on which is best cause I don't know.  I got one from Tactical Inc.  It works but it can still be hard on the hands after about 20 mags.  Still, way better than by hand.

2)  Buy lots of mags.  Sten mags are dirt cheap.  Buy as many as you think you will need to allow you to load ALL your blasting ammo for the day.  Do your loading at home on a work bench.  WAY easier.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
All I can say is there is NO way I would load stem mags by hand.  

You need two things:

1)  Good mag loader.  I won't weigh in on which is best cause I don't know.  I got one from Tactical Inc.  It works but it can still be hard on the hands after about 20 mags.  Still, way better than by hand.

2)  Buy lots of mags.  Sten mags are dirt cheap.  Buy as many as you think you will need to allow you to load ALL your blasting ammo for the day.  Do your loading at home on a work bench.  WAY easier.

Who has the best price on sten mags these days?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought 10 sten mag's from TAPCO the other day.  They were $4.99 each.....Not in too bad of shape either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#14]
What mag block is that? I am really interested in it now.

I IMed the owner of that gun and he doesn't remember lol.

Does it use unmodified magazines?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#15]
CDNN sells a good springloaded pushbutton Sten loader , an original.  Oly was always out when I tried to order one.  In the interim, you can use a rod or bolt in a drill press as a pusher, until you get  a loader.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That looks like a SOCOM mag block.  It locks into the AR with the AR's mag catch and allows the usage of unmodified Sten mags.  You depress the paddle to release the Sten mag.  Just don't forget and press the AR's mag release.  

AR 9mm FAQ

Socom 9mm Mag Block

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That's the SOCOM magwell filler. I've got one from Kurt (KKF in the Industry forum) that I like much better. Kurt's is much shorter, and the mag release is more paddle-like. As an added bonus, it's the same price as the SOCOM.

Mags can be found at CDNN. I've bought 8 from them so far, and they all looked brand-new.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#19]
How much are you guys paying for the oly 9mm uppers?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I bought my 9mm carbine  complete last september for 800 shipped w/ 10 mags.  maybe to the highside, but I have zero complaints.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Atlantic Firearms in the Industry section. Mine was somewhere around $550, with the one Olympic modified mag. I sold the mag, and use standard Sten mags now, with a KKF magwell filler.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top