Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/7/2003 9:26:44 AM EDT
I want to mount a light on my M4gery and need some help from those 'in the know'. I have the dbl heat sheild M4 handguards w/o any mods on the guards. My main optic is an ACOG w/ the back up sights and on the rifle there is a flip up rear sight and a normal front sight.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:21:40 AM EDT
I just completed an Advanced Urban Combat Course (CQB) and I just duct taped (Army 100 mph tape) a Surefire G2 flashlight to the left side of my HGs and activated the push button with my left thumb. Not fancy but it worked very well. Just keep in mind whatever system you use, you don't want the on/off switch too close to your non-firing hand. In the heat of the fight, you tend to grip your weapon tighter and you don't want to accidentally activate your light, also known as an accidental white light discharge. Just mount it close enough so you have to move your non-firing hand a little bit to active the light.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:55:46 AM EDT
You might also consider going with the M3 streamlight (80 lumens), you can get that for about $130 bucks, the remote switch adds something like $40 and the mount for your handguards is another $25. CMMG has the mounts, the light is available at a number of places as I recall.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:59:00 AM EDT
I always ask Wes Or Paul at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] when I have these questions.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:02:42 PM EDT
This has been discussed over the last several days in the [b]Lights & Lasers[/b] forum. Lots of good responses - go check them out.
Top Top