Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/9/2006 8:36:25 AM EDT
As stated I have a Bushmaster V-Match 16" that I want a "quailty" sight for. Main use would be inside of 100 yds.

I have no need for a Night Vision sight. I have a rimfire with a Millett red dot on it and like it very much. I have not used or even looked thru an EOTech, but I have narrowed the field down to these three.

Aimpoint COMPML3
Aimpoint COMPML2
EOTech 512A65

I have read good things here on the EOTech but have not found out much on these 2 Aimpoints.

Again I want something of quailty because of the V-Matches absence of sights.

BTW, I also have a Bushmaster 16" with A2 handle and A1 sights as a mate the the V-Match.

Thanks,
Leonard

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:58:55 PM EDT
Good old Aimpoint I like the best. ML2 will work just find for close in and long shots. I dont like the Eothingys much because of my astigmatism, damn did I type that right?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:22:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 6:24:00 PM EDT by JOHNNY223]
I have the EO Tech on my 20" HBAR V Match.... You really should try the EO Tech against the Aimpoint. To me, and A LOT of ARFCOM members, the EO is superior at those ranges. Superior as in: field of view, speed on target, precision using the 1 MOA center dot. Its more than a red dot, its a real deal heads up display for your AR...

BTW, and the only way to judge to two is by viewing them both outdoors in daylight, because the EO will seem too grainy if you try it indoors for the first time. But it sharpens up nice when in brighter conditions over a more realistic distance.

J223...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:14:45 PM EDT
I have a EoTech too but when you have a Astigmatism even with glasses it is still grainy. Yes check it out to see if you like it. I like the EoTECH for up close targets like this set up I have.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:43:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 1:44:18 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]
user preference

tube optic with solid dot = aimpoint

headsup display with grainy ring and dot, less battery life, less mounting options = eotech

Top Top