Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/18/2003 10:50:39 AM EDT
I have a pre-ban Oly Arms MFR that is a CAR15 clone. It originally had an 11.5" bbl. with welded on 5" flash hider, but I could never get it to zero at 100 yds. I bought a new 16" Oly bbl. and am thinking about changing out the A1 upper to an A3. At the same time, I would like to change out the stock. I want a stock that is fixed because I don't like how most collapsible stocks wobble. I would also like it to be shorter than A1/A2 length, but not as short as the entry types sold by DPMS and RRA. I found a "stump stock" somewhere on the internet, but can't find the link. Does anyone have any idea what I'm looking for and where to find it?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 12:38:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 1:38:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2003 1:39:48 PM EDT by DevL]
Have you checked out the Magpul M93 stock? It is more rigid than a fixed stock due to the fact the collapsing part has has absolutely zero play and the way it attaches to the rear of the reciever does not allow it to wobble left and right there like many fixed stocks can. It is IMHO the most rigid stock made overall. The Sully stock is VERY expensive for what it is but it is a good fixed stock. IMHO why not get a collapsing stock for a preban if you can and it has no drawbacks?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:00:15 PM EDT
Thanks, Troy. That's the one I was thinking of. As to the Magpul and pre-ban issue: I have to look at the Magpul and check it out. Pre-ban vs. post doesn't really apply in this case; I'm a LEO and can just get a letter if I want a collapsible stock AR. I prefer a solid cheek weld and have only found it with fixed stocks. Perhaps the Magpul is what I am looking for.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:48:16 AM EDT
Vojata, Check here: [url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15shootersSite/stocks.msnw[/url] I've got a listing of a variety of stocks, including length & weight. Also links to the people that sell them.
Top Top