Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2005 12:00:41 AM EDT
Took my "new" AR to the range for the first time today.

For some reason, every shot I could hear a prominent and strange "Doing!" noise...that sounded like the spring in the buttstock assembly was making a vibrating noise every time the rifle discharged.  

Is this normal???  It was pretty annoying.  Please share your thoughts.  Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]
FNC
seriously...it's normal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Helps to make sure that the buffer, buffer spring, and inside of the receiver extension are lightly lubed with CLP, and the receiver side of the buffer spring coil is not stick up past the buffer and scrapping down the inside of the tube (read all of this will lighten the sprong noise, but it will never total go away).
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:04:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Wear some earplugs than ear-muff... you won't hear a thing ~NewbieDave
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#4]
very normal.

They also make a distinct sound when you fire the last shot and the bolt locks back.

I have gotten used to it and actually like the ability to "hear" when my last round is shot.

you'll get used to it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL - OK guy's.  Thanks.

With how fun the rifle was overall, I'm sure I'll get used to it!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Haha first time I shot my buddies AR15 I thought I broke it.  I unloaded it and went over to his booth with my tail between my legs and told him that I heard a loud springy noise.  He pretended for a second that I broke it then told me the truth.

I look forward to doing the same to my friends in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#7]

I put in an extra power action spring (buffer spring) from Wolff Springs and the "sproing" was no more.  Recoil much nicer too.

Shok
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top