BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2005 7:09:30 PM EDT
Make a long story short.
I found them in the attic
(everyone happy now)
(because everyone belives they are stolen if they were  purchased them from a cop)

I ended up with a few Factory Colt 9mm mags.
20rd mags are all Factory Colt and are in great condition but are used (none are leo marked)
32rd mags are all Factory Colt, some are New Leo and used Non Leo marked mags.

I'm keeping a few for myself (Since I love my colt 9mm rifle) but I don't need all of them. So I need to know what to ask for them? (thinking about buying a 9mm beta drum)

I found on the board that the New LEO ones are running around $60 each.

What would be a good price to ask for the 20 & 32rd Non leo marked ones?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
the ones i bought were

$45  $47for leo marked 32rds
$49 for non-marked 20's

the non-marked ones guessing that they are pre-ban would be worth more in states that still hold the ban.

i bought my mags in bulk quantity so my prices might differ, lately i have been seeing them go for around $60

if you decide on a selling price i might be intrested in a few 20's and 32's so shoot me an im.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Make a long story short.
A friend gave me a duffle bag of Ar15 9mm Colt Mags (@ a good price) because they are upgrading all the patrol rifles to the 223/556 and he only had to turn in 3 mags with the rifle.

So you're telling us your friend basically stole these mags from his department to sell on the open market?
By my read, he had a duty weapon issued to him with 3 mags originally.  Then he was able to get more mags issued to him, which he now kept (and sold) after turning in the duty weapon and original 3 mags.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:52:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Make a long story short.
A friend gave me a duffle bag of Ar15 9mm Colt Mags (@ a good price) because they are upgrading all the patrol rifles to the 223/556 and he only had to turn in 3 mags with the rifle.

So you're telling us your friend basically stole these mags from his department to sell on the open market?
By my read, he had a duty weapon issued to him with 3 mags originally.  Then he was able to get more mags issued to him, which he now kept (and sold) after turning in the duty weapon and original 3 mags.

too much detail there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Make a long story short.

Where did he say that?  

Perhaps the understanding with the department was do what you like with the others, as they are auctioning off the others with only 3 provided, or perhaps he purchased the others at a reduced rate.  Either way he never indicated that his friend was stealing anything, and I don't see why one would assume so.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a bunch of LEO 32 round mags from TSGUNS for $47 each, dated 6/98 about 2 months ago

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:26:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I bought a bunch of LEO 32 round mags from TSGUNS for $47 each, dated 6/98 about 2 months ago

tacoma4x4.no-ip.com/AR15s/ar6450mags7.jpg

those are the ones i got too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Make a long story short.

Where did he say that?  

Perhaps the understanding with the department was do what you like with the others, as they are auctioning off the others with only 3 provided, or perhaps he purchased the others at a reduced rate.  Either way he never indicated that his friend was stealing anything, and I don't see why one would assume so.

I pretty much read this the same way hrt4me did.  Sometimes people just provide too much information.  If you're selling something, just say your selling it.  No need to provide an in-depth background story that makes it sound like the mags MAY have been pilfered.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember that thread, we cleaned TSGUNS out  I dissassembled all mine and wiped them down the Breakfree, had a bit of surface rust on the wipe down rag, no big deal
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember that thread, we cleaned TSGUNS out  I dissassembled all mine and wiped them down the Breakfree, had a bit of surface rust on the wipe down rag, no big deal

one of mine doesnt hold bolt open and only loads 30rds
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:36:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still waiting for my 6450's www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=397731
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still waiting for my 6450's www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=397731

im sure it will be worth the wait!! love mine to death!!

the 6450 with a bunch of mags, cases of ammo, mgi rrbuffer, acog and cambi-loader and its gone through over 2k rds since i got it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:48:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't mean to crap on the original poster's thread, but I would personally advise anyone to make sure you know what you're buying and that these aren't pilfered mags, as JakeHollinger put it.  Why else would he sell them in a "duffle bag of Ar15 9mm Colt Mags (@ a good price)"?  Since the original post was not a WTS ad, but an inquiry about the value of these mags, then I'd say they have little to no value without being 100% sure they are legitimate.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Not trying to be smart ass but he had to turn in the weapon and 3 mags (Just what they issued him) Sorry if you read that the wrong way or read too much into it. ( Damn could you imagine.. hey you we need you to turn in your weapon and all the accessories you put on it too.. yea the aimpoint is now ours. oh yea and the rail and forward grip are ours now too... No soup for you...)

The way I understand it is if YOU purchase something with YOUR money it is YOURS? Just because he is a cop he doesn't have to turn in everything he buys does he?

No where did I even HINT that they were stolen or anything like that. ( Boy you guys hold cops in high place don't you)

Like I said if I posted it the wrong way maybe I"m at fault (which I will edit out now) but Damn....... I'm just trying to find out the value of them ( I did have to pay for them and want to know if I got a good deal too )

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
told yall there was no need to all the attention to detail
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'm learning :)
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
told yall there was no need to all the attention to detailhr

I think you may have missed the point some were trying to make.  When someone says they bought a duffle bag full of mags on the cheap from someone that had to turn in their duty firearm, it isn't that much of a stretch to assume they were possibly pilfered.  I think the general consensus is that you are probably better off leaving out the questionable and unnecessary parts of the story since they had nothing to do with your question on value.  Then again, criminals tend to be talkers and usually say way too much for their own good.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you may have missed the point some were trying to make.  When someone says they bought a duffle bag full of mags on the cheap from someone that had to turn in their duty firearm, it isn't that much of a stretch to assume they were possibly pilfered.  I think the general consensus is that you are probably better off leaving out the questionable and unnecessary parts of the story since they had nothing to do with your question on value.  Then again, criminals tend to be talkers and usually say way too much for their own good.

Never said I got them cheap (they were anything but that) I said @ a good price (there is a diffrence, at least I think so)
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top