Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 3:11:22 AM EDT
1 How good is a button rifle barrel
2 How good is H-bar profile barrel Bryon South said to go with this one?
3 In the word of AR how good is Olympic Arms stuff at.
4. I want a gun just for cotoye hunting . I want a 20 inch flutted barrel.
Which one would work the best for me the Button Rifle barrel or
the H-bar profile barrel . All i am going to do with it is coyoye hunt. When i get it sighted in the only other time i will shoot it will at a coyote. I wont shoot it much But i will carry it alot and i want a rifle with a barrel with some good accuracy.
5. The ammo i want to use is a 50gr or a 55gr Black Hills or Win Sivlertip Nosler BT bullets.
6. I am going to put a 3x9x40mm Nikon scope or maybe a leupold.
7 Would a Rock River stage 2 trigger work in that type of hunting gun.
I will take all the help i can get so please help me out. I have never owned or shot a AR 15 rifle. VM
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:47:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
1 How good is a button rifle barrel
as most barrels are made this way I'd say their excellent

2 How good is H-bar profile barrel Bryon South said to go with this one?
heavier than the standard profile, (too heavy for most folks) I'd choose the lighter profiled barrel to save some weight, (btw, this has nothing to do w/ how the barrel was made, as in "button-cut")

3 In the word of AR how good is Olympic Arms stuff at.
ARs are generally considered in tiers: Top Tier rifles are: Armalite Bushmaster, Colt & LMT, Second Tier: DPMS, Rock River, Olympic, Stag and a few other brands, Lower Tier rifles are: American Sprit, Model 1 Sales, J&T etc...

4. I want a gun just for cotoye hunting . I want a 20 inch flutted barrel.
Which one would work the best for me the Button Rifle barrel or
the H-bar profile barrel. ((as noted above your confused here as these two things have nothing to do with each other, "button-rifled" has to do with how the barrel was made & H-bar described the weight /contour of the barrel) All i am going to do with it is coyoye hunt. When i get it sighted in the only other time i will shoot it will at a coyote. I wont shoot it much But i will carry it alot and i want a rifle with a barrel with some good accuracy. (hence I suggested the standard profile barrel which will save you some weight)

5. The ammo i want to use is a 50gr or a 55gr Black Hills or Win Sivlertip Nosler BT bullets.
FWIW the faster your twist the heavier the round you can shoot, the heavier the bullet weight the less the wind drift at longer ranges, something to consider "before" your purchase (1/9 twist or 1/7, I like 1/7 myself)

6. I am going to put a 3x9x40mm Nikon scope or maybe a leupold.
For long range I prefer Leupold, but for a "set at one range and forget it" scope the Nikon is a good clear choice.

7 Would a Rock River stage 2 trigger work in that type of hunting gun.
I own one and love the 2-stage, yes it's great for hunting, IMO

VM

Good luck, but do your research before ya plop your money down. I'd go with an A3 flatop for your use which will make the scope mounting easier.

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top