Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2006 7:01:53 PM EDT
Ok guys, I'm open for some suggestions here.....

My TROY BUIS and EOTech keep coming loose after I shoot...I've had to stop during the middle of shooting and break out the tool bag a couple of times already. I tightened the EOTech to the specs in the manual, but even that it not doing the trick. I don't want to over tighten them, and risk stripping them out....so I'm open to hearing what I can do to keep them on my rifle. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Blue Loctite.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Blue Loctite.

+1
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you using the large thumb screw? And does your EOTech  thumb screw have the plastic washer under the head? I believe EOTech added the plastic washer as a type of lock washer. If you torque the screw IAW the EOTech manual I would think you’d be good to go. My EOTech never came loose.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank You guys!  I was wondering about the Blue Loctite myself, since it seems to do a greeat job of holding my sights on my pistols.......   I was just kind of leary about it at first, since EOTech highly recommends you not use on their product..... but the Blue Loctite has never given me ay problems in the past...so it looks like I'll give it  a try.

QUIB......   I am using the large thumbscrew that came with the EOTech....and Yes, the thumbscrew has the plastic washer on it. I have tightened it to the specs that EOTech suggests, but it still comes loose. I'll see of the Blue Loctight helps out any.....  if mot, I'll let you guys knows, and we'll see what else we can come up with. Thanks for the replies guys!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
What is the torque value for both the EOTech and the Troy BUIS? Are you using a torque wrench quarter on the large knob or what? I used blue loc-tite on my Troy without issue.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Blue Loctite.

+2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top