Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2003 3:49:55 PM EDT
O.K., I openly admit it...I just don't know much about buttstocks, especially with all the variations available these days.

I'm looking for a Post-Ban legal stock set-up and single-point sling attachment.

I've got a regular A2 stock on my rifle now and, after using it a few times, have come to the conclusion that it's just too long.

I thought about Bushmaster's Stubby Stock or maybe the short version of Ace's ARFX stock, but I think those would be too short. I thought about an A1 stock, but have decided that I'd like to have one that's just a bit shorter(an 1" - 1 1/2" or so...maybe a bit shorter than that.) than an A2 stock and has a single-point sling attachment.

Does anybody have any suggestions and/or pictures?

Of course, I'd like to know about some single-point slings, also...
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
How about the Stubby Stock with a KAC one inch spacer.  This gives the stock a little more length (still shorter than the A1 stock, but longer than a closed collapsible stock) and a place for a single sling attatchment.  I've seen many people do this.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Vinnie...

Where can I find the KAC 1" spacer?

Any links?

Any pictures?

Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What exactly will you be using the rifle for most?I ask because I had a stubby stock with the 1" extension but after using it in a tactical carbine class, it was nearly useless.Accuracy suffered severely while shooting prone,kneeling and sitting.If you plan on wearing body armor, it would be perfect.I too find the A2 stocks too long and went with one of the Cavarms C1 stocks.These are A1 length but have a large compartment inside.It seems to be the perfect length for all shooting positions.As for the sling attachment,you have a couple of options.There is the Daniel Defense sling loop and the GG&G sling loop for attaching the Bursed Loop or CQB SRT slings.If you want to attach a single-point via 550 cord or HK snap-hook,DPMS and GG&G make sling attachments for those.These all fit between the stock and the receiver.The single-point sling seemed to be a happy medium in the carbine course I took and is what I prefer on my personal AR.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Son-of-a....I've gone through all my links and I can't find the dang thing.  I thought for sure Brownells had it, but I can't find it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Ill help u out Vinnie. this is the link for the stock extesion [url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5559[/url]

here is the one for the single point sling mount
[url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5558[/url]

I have the single point on my AR and like it alot. I dont use it much but when i do it works great.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, but that not exactly the one I was thinking of.  The KAC model has the sling attatchment already on the spacer.  I hate this old age thing....hmm maybe it was in the Equipment exchange...the search continues...
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]
MSTN has the stubby stock and sling extention for sale right now in the EE.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that I'm going to try one of the CavArms C1 stocks. If it's still too long, I'll try something different...

The reason I'm interested in a single-point sling set-up is because I went with the BMAS 3-rail gas block on my 16" Bushmaster Heavy barrel. It doesn't have a forward sling attachment point and I don't want to put one on it, either.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks, Vinnie...

Where can I find the KAC 1" spacer?

Any links?

Any pictures?

View Quote

Try Wes Grant at MSTN. I just bought a KAC single-point QD adapter, KAC QD swivel & CQB Solutions HST sling from him. I like it a lot better than the GG&G single-point adapter. Mine was for a CAR stock, but Wes can probably fix you up with whatever you need, & answer any questions you have. Great people to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#10]
O.K., after thinking about it a bit, this is what I'm going to try...

I just dropped an order for a CavArms C1 Buttstock in the mail to Coal Creek Armory.

Next, I'm going to get a single-point sling attachment that has a round hole that uses an HK-type hook. Haven't decided from which source, yet. Leaning towards Wes @ MSTN, however...

I've got a padded sling in nearly new condition with a 1 1/4" HK-type hook that was languishing in my "odds & ends" box. I'm pretty sure this sling & hook came of a M249 SAW that I used to carry around quite often while I was still on Active Duty(Can you say "Nostalgia"?[:p]). I'm going to attempt to rig something up using this sling & hook.

If I can't rig something up to my liking with that set-up, then I think I'm going to get a CQB Solutions HST sling. Judging from the pictures on their website, I should be able to put the HK-type hook on that sling with little or no trouble.

I'll let you know how it turns out...
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Wes at MSTN didn't have what I was looking for, which I gather is pretty rare for him...

I did, however, find what I was looking for on Fulton Armory's website. [url]www.fultonarmory.com[/url]

It listed a single-point sling adapter for an A1 stock(same length as the CavArms C1 stock) for 32.95 + 8.00 shipping.

I dropped my order for one in the mail today. Hopefully I should have it by the end of next week...

Once I get everything together the way I want it and where it works, I'll post a picture or two...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I got the single-point sling attachment from Fulton Armory a couple of days ago and the CavArms C1 stock from Coal Creek Armory arrived this morning. I just got finished putting everything together and I like it so far. My biggest problem now is going to be getting the sling length adjusted just right.

Pictures will be forthcoming shortly...

Stay Tuned!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top