Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2005 4:19:47 AM EDT
I just took possession of a Colt HBAR that was willed to me and it came with this scope.  Unfortunately my friends Dad has passed away and I have no info on the scope.  There is a white sticker that says "Made In Belgium".  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, since I no idea where it was made, how to adjust it or anything.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:20:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Here is another view of the scope.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Here is a view of the front.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Here is the top.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:27:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Last view, close up of the writing on the side plate.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]
trilux ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Gotta love that "radioactive" decal on there...

eta: Ask this guy, he has one on his build.
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=261071
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Gotta love that "radioactive" decal on there...

eta: Ask this guy, he has one on his build.
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=261071

yeah, that kind of weired me out when I saw it too!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#8]
IM THE GUY they are refering to that has one on  my rifle.      And yes it does get a lot of weird looks.

The scope is called a trilux or a SUIT (sightunit infantry trilux). You will notice that it has a cam on the side, with numbers (probly 250 and 450)  sight it in at 250 yards on the 250 mark  when you flip the cam   you are on at 450.While this sight is meant for mounting on a carry handle tapco has a mount (which is what i have) to mount the sight on a flat top.  The also have manuals for the scope for DIRT CHEAP.

NOTE:  Trilux lamps have no significant level of external radiation and no hazard can arise unless a lamp is broken.  Breakage of the lamp and the release of tritium gas can result only from misuse of the equipment. In the event of breakage, the following precautions shuld be taken.

a.  The escaping gas should not be inhaled

b.  the broken parts should not be handle with bare hands

c.  If breakage occurs indoors, doors and windows should be opened to allow gas to clear.  there is little danger if breakage occurs outdoors.

d.  any breakage must be reported immediately.

But   DONT WORRY   most likely the trilux lamp was taken out and replaced with a red LED
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Good deal, thanks for the info.  But who in the heck makes them?  Where can I get a manual?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

To whom?  The radiation police?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Yours was made in Israel

Tapco, I think, have copies of the manual (UK version) for sale....?

We used them in the UK on our L1A1's (FALS) until the SA80 came into service.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To whom?  The radiation police?

OMG   that was almost funny.   KEEP YOUR DAY JOB UNLESS YOUR A COMEDIAN.          That comes directly out of the trilux manual that i have (which i got from tapco)    so i would assume you would report  it to whomever is your squad leader or what have you as this was originaly a military scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top