Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/22/2004 2:41:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2004 2:42:26 PM EDT by tfisch67]
Is it possible to swap out JUST the plastic portions of a Colt Car-15 stock and a new Colt M-4 stock (both collapsable) without removing the tube, etc from the gun? I have a Colt Govt Carbine with a Car-15 stock and don't want to break the factory stake marks on the nut that holds the stock tube to the lower receiver.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:43:13 PM EDT
Colt spec tube, Colt spec stocks(Vltor, Colt, LMT, etc.)...no problems. They should swap out as far as I know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2004 4:06:17 PM EDT by fq1234]
As long as they are both Colt it will be easy. Just pull the extension bar straight down. If you pull it far enough the plunger will come out far enough that the car piece will slide right off. The other colt m4 piece will slide on in the same fashion.

If you have trouble getting the original one off, I sometimes like to pry up a little using a screwdriver. A lot of the M4's are easier because you just have to rock the lever as far as it will go and the plunger will move the entire way up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2004 2:47:38 PM EDT by tfisch67]
That's good news. Thanks guys!!
Top Top