Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/20/2005 6:53:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2005 9:20:03 PM EDT by brillo]
Now that the Ammo Price List for .223/5.56 has been established for almost a year, at the suggestion of a few AR15.com members, most notably "danhits," it seems like a good time to start tracking .308/7.62 dealers, prices, and availability.

There are too many variables to start a poll, so please add your suggestions to this thread. I'd like to limit each category of ammo to 6 to 8 dealers as I've done with the .223/5.56 list.

Using the Ammo Price List as a format guideline, I'd appreciate your suggestions on:

- Reputable Dealers
- Ammo Types/Categories/Sizes to track: e.g., Blasting/Plinking, Precision, Hunting, etc.
- New list on the AK-47 side or addition to the AR15 .223/5.56?
- Any and all other ideas, including improvements to the current list.

Thanks for your help.
Brillo

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:41:57 PM EDT
FYI There is already a very good one at Rifle company's website.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:41:21 PM EDT
Hey! Brillo--I am all for ya in the 7.62mm ratings.

FYI, I just shot:

1. 200 rounds of 7.62mm x 51 mm made in 1981 by FLB-Frey Luis Beltran (Argentina) They actually have a website: Bought at AmmunitionStore.com in 2 x 50 cal boxes "loose" 1000 pcs at $149 +del. Full case is 1460 rds. they are all "tarnished"

2. M1-A Springfield National Match

3. 200 yards

Ammo was dull/tarnished from storage but not dirty. Supplier said this was caused by corrosive package materials (?) Military crimp on bullet and primer. Purple laquer sealer primer. Fired fine. Seemed a little "hot" I have no chrono. Shot from prone. Got 1.5 moa. no sweat. DO NOT TUMBLE/VIBRATE to clean! This turns the ball propellant into a flour-like powder and radically alters the burn pattern causing greatly increased chamber pressures. Reported cases of destroyed receivers. Clean with brass wool.
Top Top