Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 10:57:09 AM EDT
Keep an eye on gunbroker.  I was in a new (local to me store) today and noticed a set sitting on the shelf with no price tag.  I know the owner of the place (not personally, but we know each other through friends and business relationships) so I did tell him what he had because I want him to succeed.  He has been in the gun industry for some time and definitely had a good impact on everything AR-15.  Anyway, maybe we'll see them in couple of days or weeks, whenever he gets around to it.  He even had original waffle mags but I didn't look at the price on those.

I got to admit, I feel a little sick because I have been looking for them for a while now to complete my 601, and I am sure they would have been real cheap had I asked.  There will be another set though, and I will buy them when they come along, after all I think its more fun when your on the hunt for the parts, right!  

Brick
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You should of bought them and you should of asked how much for the waffle mags.They may of been priced right.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Let's hope every pair out there doesn't show up with a $1500 price tag.

For me it's been like hunting Bigfoot
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm dumbfounded Brick Why would you not ask to buy them,,If you gave him an idea what they are worth honestly,he may have sold them to you for a reasonable price just for being honest with him....
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Brick, what you've done to help your friend is exceptional. Good for you.

To us, collecting these parts is a hobby, but a new business owner has his life tied up in selling this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Brick, what you've done to help your friend is exceptional. Good for you.

To us, collecting these parts is a hobby, but a new business owner has his life tied up in selling this stuff.

While I agree with that for the most part Mark, the guy is in the gun business so he should know his inventory, as with anyone in a business, they should know their s*%t. I would of asked him how much & bought them.

Being a friend of Brick's though, it was likely the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
601 handguards $1500 price tag.
Being Brick's friend priceless.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
All the above re-enforces what I said,be honest about the value,,,,educate the owner.He may well then have offered them to Brick for a good price out of appreciation for Bricks honesty.Friendship,priceless...There is NO truer statement then that!!!!! Huge + 1 for that!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Good job Brick. Nothing wrong with a little honesty and integrity when dealing with friends in todays sometimes very screwed up world. Too bad you want a set also. I bet the adrenalin was flowing and the consciience was really talking to you. Are they really bringing $1500? Think a fuax set would work fine for me, but I'm not into 601's either. Still, there just can't be many left out there for the plucking. Hope your friend makes it Brick. Gonna need lots of replaceable inventory if going to make it work in the gun business for any length of time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Just for the record,you guys keep using that $1500 magic number as the value.Keep this in mind.That one set sold in Jan for $1458.77 (+ -).That was one auction.After that there were 3 more auctions that offered 601 HGs plus other parts.1 auction was for the complete furniture set,another included other 601 parts ect.All 3 of those auctions had start prices of $1500,,NONE of those 3 auctions ended in a sale,,not on GB anyway.And only one of those had 1 bid but  remained unsold.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Brick is obviously a better man than me!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:13:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just for the record,you guys keep using that $1500 magic number as the value.Keep this in mind.That one set sold in Jan for $1458.77 (+ -).That was one auction.After that there were 3 more auctions that offered 601 HGs plus other parts.1 auction was for the complete furniture set,another included other 601 parts ect.All 3 of those auctions had start prices of $1500,,NONE of those 3 auctions ended in a sale,,not on GB anyway.And only one of those had 1 bid but  remained unsold.

Yes one auction, but the point is many sellers now think they are automatically worth that much or near so.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top