Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 3:04:09 PM EDT
Ok so while looking through some old gun stuff I picked up at an auction. I find this Ncstar 4x30 compact scope. It has red illumination and a mount that to my amazement fits the hole in the A2 carry handle on my bushy. Anyway, I just thought that I would use it temporarily until I can afford an ACOG. So does anyone know about the quality or reliabilty on these? I looked it up online and its worth about $80 and seems decent for being low priced. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You get what you pay for. If you plan on saving for an ACOG, then I see no problem. I would not count on it for any serious work.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Leapers scope and it was CRAP!  Leapers and NC star are two junk companies from the same JUNK red chinese mold.  If it's already bought and paid for, go ahead and use it until it breaks (soon) or stops holding a zero (probably couldnt hold a zero when NIB)

Needless to say i ditched that leapers to some poor sucker on Ebay (airsoft kiddie, so i dont feel bad)

Now packing an ACOG

ETA!  Post 200!!! I might not even be a noob anymore!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of their 3X9s that i got in a trade.  Put it on a 20 inch A2.  The recoil on the AR kept knocking it around and out of alignment my a couple of inches.  I put it on a 10/22 and it works great.  I get 1/4 groups at 50 yards with it and an off the shelf ruger 10/22.

Put it on a 22 or a pellet gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#5]
if you payed for it you should have saved the money for the acog.

got one free and even then it was total crap!

always needed zeroing, hell you could zero it then lay it down and it would need re-zeroing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I didnt exactly pay for the scope. I went to a gun auction for some reloading equipment and stuff like that. Well this box came up with a bunch of brass, a few dies and some other stuff in it so i figured what the hell. Anyway, I only paid maybe $15 for the box so with all the other stuff in it the scope maybe cost me a dollar.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
NcStar Quality.  Well there is two words you never hear together.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
ok so just for the sake of having a "decent" scope until I can afford the ACOG would you guys recommend selling this to some airsofter and getting a BSA?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
i would put bsa and ncstar in the same category.

since you have it already might as well or just sell it and save the money for something that works. you could also just shoot irons till then.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top