Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 1:25:54 PM EDT
Anyone have an opinion on NcStar products? I am considering a Rubber Armored 3
x9 Illuminated reticle compact scope which can be had for $80.00.  If it's crap, I think I will go with a Holosight.  Thanks for the Input, - an old 82nd troop.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont have one of their scopes but I do have a pair of their binoculars.  I bought them to leave in the boat full time.  The image quality is good, they still dont fog & theyve taken a lot of abuse.  Theyve even survived my 5 year old grandson.  Because of the intended use & environment I didnt want to spend a lot of money on a pair.  16X40, gunshow price $55.  If they fall over the side tomorrow I`ll buy another pair without hesitation.  WWW.CDNNINVESTMENTS.COM usually has a good selection of NC STAR products at good prices.  Hard to beat a no question lifetime warranty.   Hope this helps,  DAVE
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
This looks like the feedback I'd hoped for on these optics.  They have several different red-dot scopes, generally available on eBay for $25-40.  I have the impression that these things are hard to beat at that kind of price, I've never seen anyone say these things are a POS.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My friend is still using his Scope (3 by 12?)

No problems afer over 1000 rds so far.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:55:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Hello, we stock the entire line of NCSTAR optics and have been taking them to gun shows for about 2 years now. We have all there red dots and AR scopes. They are a great cheap line of optics that are nitrogen filled making all their scopes water and fogproof. Most cheap scopes will never be nitrogen filled, another important feature is they offer a manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty  as earlier stated...WE DO USUALLY SEND OUT A NEW ONE THE SAME DAY. Our return rate isnt that high either per 1000 scopes that we sell so it has also proven to be reliable. We had to stock the whole line including the hunting scopes, we are close to 5 deep on everything.

Its not that we are trying to pawn this line off, but its a Great Alternative price wise, they offer all the features of premium scopes and they offer a wide variety of products to chose from for all needs.

WE MATCH ANY PRICE AND SHIPPING IS ALWAYS $6.50 ground anywhere in CONT US.

If you find a product you like let us know we will be happy to give you the best price in the country. We even have their new HOLOSIGHT, Its an exact copy of the HAKKO MarkIII at half the price! Its a great little sight.

If you have any other questions please feel free we will save this thread, thank you for your time and hoped this has helped you out a little. We will have the line up on our site soon, I have to do all the code manually so its takes some timehref=WWW.USAOPTICS.NET
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an NCStar Illuminated Reticle LER as a scout scope.  I used it to hunt in the swamps the past two years, plus some range time.  Never fogged, held zero, good battery life.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, now I feel better.  Picked one up today at the fun show.  Was planning on going to Wally World afterwards to get a chear red dot for my Bushy anyway.  Saw these on a table and remembered just seeing them mentioned here so I picked on up.  We will see at the range tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw in the Guns & Ammo AR15 special, that NcStar mills all the tubes for their scopes. Meaning 1 piece, milled housings.. This is unheard of for cheap optics, usually tubes are extruded multi peices..
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got the 4x22 bdc w/integrel mount on my a2 and the only problem I've had is that the screws that hold it to the mount fell out after about a 100rnds., loctited in the new ones and haven't had anymore trouble.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Tagged
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top